OZJ333 YSSY-YSNF

Have a nice picture in FS you wish to share? Post and upload your Flight Simulator Screenshots in the AirSource Gallery (link on top of all AirSource website pages or inside the announcement of this forum)

OZJ333 YSSY-YSNF

Postby vic365 » 20 Sep 2008 00:14

This is a codeshare flight for Ozjet...flown by Norfolk Air in the Boeing 737-200. I used one of my all time vavorite addons, the TinmouseII. It's freeware and I love my "mouse"! The included single head Carousel IV A INS (CIVA) makes the flights across open water possible. Both Ozjet and Norfolk Air are still flying my little "Mouse" and I rue the day when nobody flies her anymore. Nationwide, in South Africa has shut down and it's getting harder to find flights with her. Aerogal, in South America, still flies her, I believe.

This is the regularly scheduled flight from Sidney to Norfolk Island. The Norfolk Island scenery gets interesting...you'll see what I mean.

An interesting point on the -200...no main gear doors. They just retract into a recess in the under fuselage.

There's Norfolk Island...everything looks normal at this point...doesn't it?

NOW, things begin to look a tad strange?

WTF?

You DO NOT want to miss this turn about!

Obviously, some kind of issue with my FSG mesh and this scenery. Perhaps it included it's own mesh...but that was not stated.

Onr thing I didn't like about the Norfolk Air repaint was all that "shine". Why do repainters love adding so much reflectivity? It looks terrible, IMHO, and I traded the Alpha BMP's from Cayman Airways 732...this might not do it justice but it looks MUCH better in the air...Before and After.

Vic

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby sonjamichelle » 20 Sep 2008 00:56

Serious flooding???

sonjamichelle
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 103

Postby vic365 » 20 Sep 2008 20:44

I managed to fix the "flooding" (R.T.F.M., or, in this case, the "Readme") but I still can't get textures on the main terminal and 2 smaller buildings. S-I-G-H!

Vic

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby sonjamichelle » 20 Sep 2008 23:18

Is this payware or freeware scenery. If freeware, where did you get it. Maybe I can take a look and solve the texture issue.

sonjamichelle
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 103

Postby vic365 » 21 Sep 2008 00:28

sonjamichelle wrote:Is this payware or freeware scenery. If freeware, where did you get it. Maybe I can take a look and solve the texture issue.

Thanks, Sonja. It's freeware. Available at Avsim:
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=109560

I checked and I apparently have all required object libraries? You will notice that 4 files in this addon's "Scenery" folder need to be moved to your "Static Objects Library/scenery" folder as per these instructions:
http://nzff.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=6131

Then, when you STILL have missing textures...this:
http://nzff.org/forum/index.php?showtop ... ode=linear

I know it's freeware...but what a pain in the butt that was!

It's now working correctly. Sheesh!

Vic

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Return to Flight Simulator Screenshot Forum