Flight 1324 to Newcastle

Have a nice picture in FS you wish to share? Post and upload your Flight Simulator Screenshots in the AirSource Gallery (link on top of all AirSource website pages or inside the announcement of this forum)

Flight 1324 to Newcastle

Postby Guest » 08 Mar 2008 11:55

My latest flight in the 757-200 took me from Heathrow to Newcastle.

Here I prepare to follow the BUZ2K SID from runway 9L.

Positive rate of climb, gear up.

Climbing away from Heathrow I aim to cross BUZAD @ 6oooft.

Looking back at London, which is just waking up.

Having completed a short cruise, I decsend through the cloud and prepare for vectors to runway 25.

I get vectored out over the North Sea and I prepare to turn to intercept the ILS.

Here I am having intercepted the ILS, will soon be down on terra firma.

Gear down and adding the flaps I begin to slow the aircraft.

On target as I hand fly this approach and final, why should 'Auto' have all the fun.

Nearly there, speeding along I drop down past 100 feet.

Safely down I reverse thrust and prepare to leave the runway.

Well thanks for looking, feel free to leave a little feedback if you can.

Cheers

Darren

Postby camdog88 » 13 Mar 2008 08:55

Hey

Nice shots there. I would have to say that the last one looks edited along with a few others. Do you edit them?

camdog88
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Guest » 13 Mar 2008 13:19

Hi,

yes, I do edit most of my shots. I am a semi pro photogapher and so try to make as pleasing an image as possible, and so feel the need to 'meddle' with my images.

The first thing I do is enlarge them and give them a crop to make the composition a little more interesting. I then tend to add a little blur to knock out the detail in the ground as I like the effect this has on the image as a whole (it adds a fake depth of field effect).

I will then just adjust contrast and dodge and burn to add more depth to the highlights and shadows on the aircraft. If the lights look a little fake I will add my own effects to these too.

Also, if you look at some of the final images, you will see I have been experimenting with adding some exhaust haze effects.

I know some people like just straight screenshots, but I find they look poor compared to a well edited shot - whats your opinion.

I should point out that all my edits would be for nothing if the sim looked poor in the first place, but I have hundreds of pounds worth of addons running to get it looking good in the first instance.

Return to Flight Simulator Screenshot Forum