HMT Bonus 02

Have a nice picture in FS you wish to share? Post and upload your Flight Simulator Screenshots in the AirSource Gallery (link on top of all AirSource website pages or inside the announcement of this forum)

HMT Bonus 02

Postby Leemazz » 08 Sep 2007 00:30

Ok you all know how it is when your on those 10+ hour flights , sorry but i have some more pics of my favourite bird called the DC-10. The DC-10 was build to American Airlines specs for short take offs entered service in 1971 with AA , 386 DC10s built (not including KC10s) and to this day over 140 still in operational use . The DC-8 holds the record for the most Aircraft hours flown on the planet , ok i will stop with the stats . Dont get me started on the MD-11 :wink: . You all probably know all this anyway
VMMC-NZCH
VMMC-NZCH

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2007 14:32

Nice image Lee, I like the edit of the 2nd shot. The detail is nice in the 3rd image too.

I still can't beleive people are on the Bonus flights already. When you are flying do you just leave it (FS) running and check in from time to time?

I use Radar Contact and due to the amount of contact I can't really leave the cockpit as I never know when I will need to respond to ATC. This means that I don't usually like to fly the long haul stuff.

I am just going to complete the last few ASHA training flights with the Beech and I will head back to Africa and get going with the Heavy Metal Tour.

Well done on the progress of your HMT and keep the images coming, I enjoy a look at how your getting on and what your flying.

Postby Leemazz » 11 Sep 2007 17:54

Thanks Darren as for the longhaulers your right i just let the ATC cancel my flightplan because lets be honest its nothing special the atc in Flightsim.

I check on my flight at least every 50 mins or my comp goes into idle which stops the AAS program , normally though im at my computer most of the time checking for flights and schedules as i manage alot of airlines at Airsource also bid flights

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS275 » 12 Sep 2007 11:41

LoveSpuds wrote:I use Radar Contact and due to the amount of contact I can't really leave the cockpit as I never know when I will need to respond to ATC. This means that I don't usually like to fly the long haul stuff.

You can always let your co-pilot fly whilst you are away from the cockpit. Happens in the real world. Ctrl-Shift-K hands all communications to the co-pilot and Ctrl-Shift-M hands the controls over. (Page 131 of the 2005 manual.) The same combinations get control back.
AS275

Postby Guest » 12 Sep 2007 11:58

Wow Lee, I don't know how you fit it all in, but I sure am glad you do manage - its thanks to people like you that AirSource exisits.

Thanks for those great tips regarding Radar Contact, I will take a look at the manual again. It was such a lot of reading that I got the basics down and then got on with flying. Does the autopilot work on any plane or just the default FlightSim ones?

Postby AS275 » 13 Sep 2007 12:22

Don't know about 'any' but certainly on every aircraft I have used and that includes PMDG, Level-D and PSS - just follows the flightplan.
AS275

Return to Flight Simulator Screenshot Forum