Heavy Metal AFR007 (10 Images)

Have a nice picture in FS you wish to share? Post and upload your Flight Simulator Screenshots in the AirSource Gallery (link on top of all AirSource website pages or inside the announcement of this forum)

Heavy Metal AFR007 (10 Images)

Postby Guest » 25 Aug 2007 11:13

Flight from Nouakchott to Felix Houphouet-Boigny. You can see details of my flight here

http://www.air-source.us/Operations/Log ... tid=136348

Found taxiing really tough at Nouakchott, with very little room for error (the tip of my wing actually passed over the tail of the learjet!

Weather wasn't too good with visibility down to less than 5sm

Climbing away to 6oooft

I have just been cleared to 15oooft (I am using Radar Contact in a bid to get enough experience before I try VATSIM)

Almost at 29oooft expecting clearance to cruise at 35oooft

Here is Springbok 1126 at cruise, I don't need the Wx radar to tell me whats up ahead!

Another shot of the cruise

Visibility was less than a mile here and this was by far the toughest approach I have made on the tour to date.

Now on final, but I was using Rwy21 and a VOR approach - really hairy landing!

But I made it down in one peice, but a little off the centre line - still, any landing you can walk away from huh :D

Hope you enjoyed this post, feedback would be great

D

Postby Leemazz » 25 Aug 2007 21:09

haha love the pic of you taxing in .

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2007 13:32

thanks for the comments Leemaz, lots of views but not many comments yet, so thanks for taking the time to post.

It was a tough landing this, the visibility was less than a mile and it was a VOR approach to I had to hand fly this non precision approach. I had to make a go around on my 1st attempt, but didn't get a screenie as I was busy in the cockpit LOL.

thanks

D

Return to Flight Simulator Screenshot Forum