AS099 Heavy Metal - Antarctica

Have a nice picture in FS you wish to share? Post and upload your Flight Simulator Screenshots in the AirSource Gallery (link on top of all AirSource website pages or inside the announcement of this forum)

AS099 Heavy Metal - Antarctica

Postby as099mw » 13 Jul 2007 16:49

Just landed, RWY 07, McMurdo.
It is my second visit here. The first one (TDU event, Il-18 ) was a night one.
This time I selected the Tu-114, because it is the fastest turboprop I know.
FS date is set to 2007-01-24.

Some other tips:
Do not use brakes (absolutely no braking action), use reversers only and as long as Your speed is greater than zero.
Then cut off all engines immediately.
To make a screenshot, You will need to find the angle of view at which the runway is visible and not hidden under the surface.
Do not try to make too much screenshots (like me). My computer froze :!: completely while trying to take the second picture.

Cheers
MW

as099mw
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Antarctica - 2nd Leg

Postby as099mw » 14 Jul 2007 16:16

McMurdo departure, FS date set to 2007-01-25:

Landed at SAWB.
Landing was not easy. I made two go-arounds.

The Il-18 (a good L-188 equivalent) is ready to fly the third leg.

MW

as099mw

Postby camdog88 » 15 Jul 2007 21:32

Nice pics. Where can you get those aircraft? I am only still in Africa, but I will need it for later.

Thanks

camdog88
Private Pilot

Postby as099mw » 16 Jul 2007 09:30

Tu-114
is available at www.flightsim.com - search for the string "Tu-114" within the "FS2004 Turboprops" category, then download the base package at first.
Documentation is included. All gauges are metric but cockpit tooltips show both metric and imperial units. The additional altimeter (feet) is available on the main panel. There is even the so called Easy-Nav subpanel (a well known FS9 autopilot) - You don't have to deal with the Tu-114 original autopilot if You don't want to. And the GPS is available, too.

Il-18D
(version 2.1 with even improved panels) is available at www.avsim.ru (You will have to register before downloading files). Unfortunatelly, the documentation is probably available only in Russian language (I'm not sure, I use the older V1.3). The Il-18D panel (V1.3) is pure metric and there is no GPS.

But You can use the Tupolev 114 for all three legs. Anyway, landing and take-off at SAWB will always be tricky a bit with both FETL/FETH :wink:
-------------------------------

SAWB departure, date set to current:

Cheers
MW

as099mw

Return to Flight Simulator Screenshot Forum