Route 66 leg 7

Have a nice picture in FS you wish to share? Post and upload your Flight Simulator Screenshots in the AirSource Gallery (link on top of all AirSource website pages or inside the announcement of this forum)

Route 66 leg 7

Postby Moose4 » 18 May 2007 11:59

I know we're technically supposed to be flying biplanes on the Route 66 Tour, but I decided for this one leg to break form and grab another single-engine piston, probably the favorite one I've got installed on my machine. This is the awesome Sibwings SAAB 91D Safir, a 1950s-vintage Swedish trainer and liaison aircraft. The package uses the same 3D smooth-gauge technology as RealAir's planes do, and the plane doesn't even come with a 2D panel, you fly it strictly from the VC. Between the awesome VC, the great view out the glass, and the amazing flight model, it's one of the most fun-to-fly planes I've got.

These were taken early-evening, on the short hop from Joplin, MO to Miami, MO. The last one (the VC) was taken when on takeoff from Miami--I started the Miami-Tulsa leg, but aborted it, and I'll fly that one with a biplane later on.

Doing a little last-minute engine checking before takeoff.

In the plane now, and warming up the little O-360 engine.

Turning back over Joplin airport to head south after a northbound takeoff. The huge glass area in this thing provides spectacular views.

In the cruise at 2500 feet at a resounding 110 knots. She looks fast, but with only 180 horsepower, she isn't. :)

Shadows are lengthening and the light's just starting to fade.

Looking out over the left wing as we near Miami (check out the VC reflections in the glass). Now that's my kind of glass cockpit!

Bonus: shot of the VC instrument panel as I take off from Miami on my aborted flight to Tulsa. This was at that awkward time of day where it's darkening, but the VC lights won't come on, so I used the cabin dome light to try and compensate a little.

Moose4
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 522

Postby serdarbadoglu » 20 May 2007 07:31

:shock: wow! that's a piece of state of the art design work..

serdarbadoglu
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Return to Flight Simulator Screenshot Forum