F/A-18 on my carrier

Have a nice picture in FS you wish to share? Post and upload your Flight Simulator Screenshots in the AirSource Gallery (link on top of all AirSource website pages or inside the announcement of this forum)

F/A-18 on my carrier

Postby Guest » 16 Dec 2005 22:05

Here are a couple of shots of my new F-18 sitting on the deck of one of my addon carriers.

Postby kdwycha » 16 Dec 2005 22:17

Hmm. Thats neat. In my two years of simming I have not tried the aircraft carriers yet. I guess it is because all I have is a yoke. My joystick is kinda messed up.

Does it shoot you off the carrier or do you just full throttle it to takeoff?

kdwycha
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Guest » 17 Dec 2005 00:41

I've only been simming for a year and I just found these couple of cool addons. That carrier is part of arrcab's carrier package(car2004a.zip at avsim) , it places 18 carriers all around the world whick u can access them through the Goto Airport > Add on Scenery menu. they come comple with navaids so finding them after taking off is not a problem.

for the launch and recovery I downloaded an addon called 3wire(3wire_1.0.zip at avsim) which adds arrrestor cables and catapults to the carriers. and the catapults do launch you off of the carrier.

There is set of guages u can also add that adds arresting and catapult capabilities to your aircraft.cfg, however with this you have to manually enter in the coordinates to place the arrestor cables, which I decided I was too lazy too do right now. The plus side of doing this is that it also includes a "meatball" guage that displays on your headsup display. I think this guage pack is called COP_v2.

Return to Flight Simulator Screenshot Forum