AVSIM 2006 Photos

Have a nice picture in FS you wish to share? Post and upload your Flight Simulator Screenshots in the AirSource Gallery (link on top of all AirSource website pages or inside the announcement of this forum)

AVSIM 2006 Photos

Postby Buckeye Roy » 24 Sep 2006 13:09

For those of you who could not attend, here are some photos I took from the 2006 AVSIM Convention in Washington last weekend. Gary Dunne, Cameron Dunne, Jacques Abitan and myself all met at the convention and had a great time. Just wish more of our pilots from Air Source could have attended. The four of us were all pre-registered and since only 350 pre-registered, all of us will be receiving the new FSX Gold edition when it is released this fall, including Jacques cousin and my nephew, who looked at us like we were from some other planet when we started talking about flight-simming and Air Source. The exhibits on display were very impressive. I don't know how the others felt, but I was very impressed with what I saw with FSX. There are alot of little things which really makes this version stand out from the previous one. One thing which is really going to impact flight-simming will be the ability to create your own missions, since Microsoft has included the SDK tools with the software. For those of you wondering about upgrading your hardware, I talked with Mike Singer, who designed the missions for the new FSX and he told me the main pieces of hardware which will be critical will be the video card and enough memory to maintain decent framerates. However, since the DX10 cards will just start coming out, he suggested I wait a year until the price comes down on a 512 meg card. Don't worry, FSX will run on your DX9 cards, but when the new DX10 cards come out it will really fly.

And for those of you who want to replace Debbie, Laura, Stacey and Jean on the Active Air Source flight crew, I thought you would like to see what Laura looks like. Laura is on the right. (That was actually her name!)

Buckeye Roy
Commercial Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 17

Postby AS283 Roger Dean » 24 Sep 2006 15:17

Cool! 8)

Really really cool! 8)

Wish I could have made it. Would have been nice to meet some AirSource folks.
AS283 Roger Dean

Postby camdog88 » 24 Sep 2006 17:04

Great pics Roy. I will have to get our camera out and post some pics. Also I am probably going to be writing a small report on what happened at the conference.

Cameron

camdog88
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Guest » 25 Sep 2006 17:07

There are a lot of pic (with high resolution) in the avsim.com page (-> forum)

Have Fun

Mistral, AS 121

Postby Leemazz » 25 Sep 2006 20:28

Looks like was a good day out , great pics .

Did you get Lauras number if so can i have it :wink:
Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby camdog88 » 25 Sep 2006 22:39

Well she said she would marry me if I took her to Australia!! LOL

Cameron

camdog88
Private Pilot

Postby Leemazz » 25 Sep 2006 23:40

I hope you said ok .... but then again getting married = limited flight time