Active AirSource Wish List

*Support Discontinued* Discussions and usage instructions for Active AirSource

Postby world00leader » 27 Oct 2006 16:44

meeberg wrote:

Could you make AAS available for non-English speaking countries without changing the regional settings

---------------------------------------------------

YES... please make AAS work with Danish... are using MyAAS and it works fine.. BUT it would be nice to fly ... ON-the FLY!...

DOOO keep up the FANTASTIC work of AAS!

Kindly
Erik Rasmussen
Denmark
world00leader

Add Aicraft Type Vickers-VC10

Postby pic1974 » 01 Dec 2006 13:02

Hello,

I started flying the VC10 through the sim world lately (BOAC Classic Scheduled) but I cannot PIREP the flight correctly as the the VC10 is not available under the "Vickers" Aircraft selection list. I put VC10 in the comments, but its addition to the list would be great as the aircraft has grown on me and I'll be flying it on AAS a fair bit.

Hope it won't be too much bother.
Thanks
Dan
pic1974

Postby Guest » 08 Feb 2007 15:27

John

Firstly, I can't help but be impressed with how robust AAS is - FS9 crashed on me few days ago ( black screen etc ), but AAS kept on in there and I was at least able to save my position - wonderful

Few things would be nice

1) Some music when taxi-ing ( as per FSpx ) with an option to create one's own

2) Some way of over-riding the pilot saying "we will be landing in 15 mins " ie when the air traffic controllers ask us to drop height to miss turbulance etc or vise versa

3) A few more in flight sounds which the pilot could control manually - just to while away the boredom on the longer flights ( like FSpx )

Having been flying with AAS for some six months now it just keeps getting better - nothing to beat it

Cheers

Mike

Postby Guest » 09 Feb 2007 15:29

You could always try http://www.ifcradio.info/index.php - an excellent source of 'music in the air'

Postby Ken Bolish » 09 Feb 2007 22:55

Since I am flying different payware aircraft, I made verbal checklists for each plane type. The words that I didn't have I used this A T & T text to verbal site
http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
I used winamp to play the files because I can start and stop the sounds by just hitting a key that I choose.
No more reading checklists, I just listen and do.

Ken Bolish
Control Tower [Moderator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 21] KBLM Belmar/Farmingdale, New Jersey
AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Vince AS007 » 11 Jul 2007 09:24

This VATSIM thread got me wondering if AAS could capture the final FPM (feet per minute) descent rate at touchdown. Just for pilot feedback in terms of how good my landings are (or not) :)

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=166205
Vince AS007

Postby brittanyp » 17 Oct 2007 01:20

Can we obtain our flight data from AAS through the AS site and import it in Google Earth?
brittanyp

Postby JSkorna » 17 Oct 2007 11:02

Hi,

You can just directly connect FS with Google Earth using MyFSGoogle Earth, a freeware program.

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby brittanyp » 17 Oct 2007 13:55

I'm talking about being able to download it after we finish our flights, so we can look to see where we flew over.
brittanyp

Postby Anthony Fluhart AS167 » 18 Oct 2007 10:58

There are a couple of programs at avsim that will let you save a track and view later -- or simultaneously track and fly. I just remember seeing them -- I couldn't give you any pointers or anything. The program that Jim mentioned would probably be a good start.

Found it!

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=106936

Anthony Fluhart AS167
Instrument Rated Pilot

Previous

Return to Active AirSource [AAS]