FAULTY AAS RECORDING

*Support Discontinued* Discussions and usage instructions for Active AirSource

FAULTY AAS RECORDING

Postby ROGERP » 24 May 2009 04:58

I HAVE BEEN RECEIVING FAULTY RECORDING OF MY PIREPS FOR SOME TIME NOW. TODAY WAS THE LIMIT. I COMPLETED MY FLIGHT AND SENT IT TO AAS. BUT,.. THE ONLY ITEM IT UPDATED WAS THE NUMBER OF EMERGENCY FLIGHTS FLOWN. ALL OTHER INFO FLIGHT TIMES NO OF FLIGHTS ETC WERE NOT UPDATED. MY AAS RECORD IS NO LONGER CORRECT WITH MOST ITEMS.
ANY ONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?
ROGERP
ROGERP
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby JSkorna » 24 May 2009 19:10

Hi,

Please turn off your Caps Lock when posting. All Caps usually means that you are shouting at a forum and I don't think you mean that.

Have you tried an uninstall/reinstall of AAS?

Thanks,

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby Leemazz » 24 May 2009 23:09

Im having major problems with AAS at the minute it seems to stop recording and instead of showing the time in flight it shows error in green .

Also the website has been down three times today earlier in the day it was down for about 2 hours for me . Still getting the startup error also .

Ive tried reseting aas and reinstalling .

Leemazz

Postby AS283 Roger Dean » 25 May 2009 01:49

Leemazz wrote:Im having major problems with AAS at the minute it seems to stop recording and instead of showing the time in flight it shows error in green .

Also the website has been down three times today earlier in the day it was down for about 2 hours for me .

Seems like the site has been having quite a few reliability issues lately. :(
AS283 Roger Dean

Postby Leemazz » 25 May 2009 09:50

Yes it has i think the problem with AAS recording is with communication with the website it think that is why it is missing flight time .

Leemazz

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 25 May 2009 10:52

Team

The EMT are aware of some of the issues with AAS at the moment and we're working to remedy it.

Most of the problem lies in the fact that a lot of information was hard-coded and following a recent requirement by our Server host to change an FTP password, the issues have arisen. To add to our woes, we don't have access to the source code to update the FTP address.

The logon each time issue can not be fixed in the immediate future so it will require you logging in on each occasion you start AAS. There is currently no way around this.

As for not recording all the time, I have not personally noticed this but will monitor it.

The EMT met on the weekend and this very subject was discussed and we're looking at ways to solve this issue as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, if accurate time and not logging in for each flight are as/more important that showing yourself online, I recommend the use of MyAAS until we can resolve the issues.

We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause in the interim and hope you all understand.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby vic365 » 26 May 2009 04:36

Mark, I know that we have relied on anothers proggy (AAS) for some time and that you have no access to the "code". I'm wondering if it isn't time to seek out a new program (maybe we have an expert in the current group?) to replace AAS? I wonder if it's not time to "start anew" with our ACARS program. I've had nothing but problems, of late, with connecting and pireping and have gone back to MyAAS...not that I've used AAS for long...tried it first a month ago.

I think there is also ACARS proggies out there that can be adapted to any VA? Just a thought. Without access to the AAS code it will eventually become unuseable, me thinks.

Vic
vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby ROGERP » 26 May 2009 05:00

Thanks everyone for your information. I am happy that you guys are aware of the situation. As far as "uninstalling and installing AAS" as far as I am concerned not being computer proficient I had a lot of difficulty in initially downloading and opening AAS that I do not wish to replicate the issue. Have noted your remarks about not using upper case and have smacked my hand. I think that I have lost probably 5 flights including 1 training and 2 emergency with a couple of hours or so so that is annoying but not a big issue. Now that I know that the problem is not with me I can be patient and await resolution of the problem(s).
Thanks again everybody. Good flying. Got to rush,have plane to fly.
Rogerp
ROGERP
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 26 May 2009 05:57

vic365 wrote:Mark, I know that we have relied on anothers proggy (AAS) for some time and that you have no access to the "code". I'm wondering if it isn't time to seek out a new program (maybe we have an expert in the current group?) to replace AAS? I wonder if it's not time to "start anew" with our ACARS program. I've had nothing but problems, of late, with connecting and pireping and have gone back to MyAAS...not that I've used AAS for long...tried it first a month ago.

I think there is also ACARS proggies out there that can be adapted to any VA? Just a thought. Without access to the AAS code it will eventually become unuseable, me thinks.

Vic

Watch this space :wink:

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby vic365 » 26 May 2009 07:24

Mark Richards AS380 wrote:
vic365 wrote:Mark, I know that we have relied on anothers proggy (AAS) for some time and that you have no access to the "code". I'm wondering if it isn't time to seek out a new program (maybe we have an expert in the current group?) to replace AAS? I wonder if it's not time to "start anew" with our ACARS program. I've had nothing but problems, of late, with connecting and pireping and have gone back to MyAAS...not that I've used AAS for long...tried it first a month ago.

Vic

Watch this space :wink:

This is exactly what I would have bet money on...a fix in the works.
I will shut up now and await future developments.

Vic
vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Return to Active AirSource [AAS]