How do I serve cocktails ect on AAS

*Support Discontinued* Discussions and usage instructions for Active AirSource

How do I serve cocktails ect on AAS

Postby Guest » 17 Dec 2008 16:18

As the title says I am asking how I serve cocktails,breakfast,coffee ect as i have seen multiple pilots with a picture of a cocktail and then beside it cocktails served.

Postby Greg AS#147 » 17 Dec 2008 16:44

I have found that once you are at your flight level, click your seatbelts to the OFF setting on the Air Source program. Also, it depends on the length of your flight. I hope this works for you.

Greg AS#147
Instrument Rated Pilot

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 147] AS Pilot #147 Burlington, Ontario, Canada
AirSource Pilot Number: 147

Postby JSkorna » 17 Dec 2008 22:30

Hi All,

These things are automatic. Don't want the passengers to over do it on the drinks!

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2008 01:10

The thing is, hardly anyone goes to FL60 so why do we have to say that our cruising altitude is FL60? Anyway thanks for the help guys really appreciated.

Postby JSkorna » 20 Dec 2008 18:35

Because that fixes a bug.

JSkorna

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2008 14:20

Ok, so how doesn't it go the at FL or cruising when I get to my FL in FSX?

Postby JSkorna » 21 Dec 2008 17:05

Hi,

You set AAS to 60K and you fly FS at whatever the appropriate altitude is for your flight.

JSkorna

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2008 17:43

Hi, I am doing that at the moment and it still says i am climbing i have been cruising for neary 2 hours.

Postby AS283 Roger Dean » 21 Dec 2008 19:16

The way it used to work... you would set your cruise altitude in AAS and AAS would then know when to start showing movies and serve refreshments.

But there was a nasty bug that surfaced not long ago. If the movies web site was down it would cause AAS to hang when you reached the cruise altitude. There were more and more problems with the movies web site, and subsequently more and more problems experienced with AAS.

The temporary fix was to allow pilots to set cruise altitudes in AAS to 60,000 feet or above. Since there are no longer any commercial aircraft that fly that high (with the retirement of the Concorde) AAS will never start showing movies... and AAS will never hang because the movie web site is down.

Another key point is that AAS has no knowledge of the cruise altitude you set in FSX. AAS only knows the cruise altitude you set in AAS (i.e., 60,000; 60,500; 61,000).

The long term plan is to go back and fix the movie issue in AAS. It is on the list of updates. There are higher priority issues ahead of fixing movies.

I hope this helps explain how and why it works like it does. :)
AS283 Roger Dean

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2008 13:56

Yes, that helps but I don't see why it never comes up with me and nearly always with other pilots, I done a nearly four hour flight yesterday a d t never came up.

Postby choroqstyle » 27 May 2009 18:14

An odd thing I found out..

If you go to whatever cruise altitude you prefer, than dip down out of it, and climb back to it, you'll get the ping and the callout that you are at flight level. I even had a movie recently.
choroqstyle

Return to Active AirSource [AAS]