Website not loading - AAS Errors

*Support Discontinued* Discussions and usage instructions for Active AirSource

Website not loading - AAS Errors

Postby tonicfan » 14 Dec 2008 06:51

Guys,

Whats up with the website lately? Seems like every night after midnight eastern the site dies. One night it was down for the whole night. Tonight it was down for a good 20-30 mins then the pages took forever to load. Its not my internet cuz thats working great. I also noticed tons of AAS errors during this time. Are you updating databases or something? I want to make sure I am not the only one experiencing these issues of the site not loading the aas not working properly. It still saves my flight fine but the pirep takes forever to complete.

Thanks
TF
tonicfan

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 14 Dec 2008 12:25

TF,

Thanks for the report, although I do know that the host reboots their servers every day at midnight, I'm not sure why it would extend out for 30 minutes? I will open a ticket with them and see what the response is. I know the other day we had an outage most of the day and of course they have since corrected that.. That's the only problem with relying on someone else to host a server, their problem is our problem.

All in all, they still have been out performing any host I've used in the past and hope they continue to do so.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 14 Dec 2008 13:11

I've already received an answer from the host -

Dear Thomas.
Thank you for contacting tech support.

I am sorry but server reboots in several minutes and we were not informed about any issues with it that may cause 20+ minutes downtime. That is why in order we can investigate the issue please provide us the exact steps how we can reproduce the problem and time zone when it happened so that we can find the reason of the problem and fix it for you. Thank you for your patience and kind understanding.

Kind regards,
Dennis Fischuk
Technical Support
24/7 Live Chat

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Outage

Postby tonicfan » 15 Dec 2008 00:54

It happened alot after midnight. 1:30-1:43am for example eastern time i think, and it just happens off and on then about a few minutes later its back. If the servers reset once that i can see, but not multiple times in one night. I work in IT and usually when the site doesnt respond the server is down. Yes it could be resetting, but not multiple times unless they have a problem there.
tonicfan

Return to Active AirSource [AAS]