AAS Idle Protection v3.11 and above

*Support Discontinued* Discussions and usage instructions for Active AirSource

AAS Idle Protection v3.11 and above

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 25 Nov 2005 20:58

AAS version 3.11 and above will include an Idle PC detection and warning based mainly on your mouse movement. At the top of the AAS screen, just above the START/STOP AAS button you will notice a colored bullet icon, which will appear as such with the total mins. of idle time to the right of it;

-Green- (when idle is 0 to 15 mins.)

-Blue- (when idle is 15 to 30 mins.) - with a single Windows System default BEEP at 15 min. mark.

-Yellow- (when idle is 30 to 45 mins.) - with a single Windows System default BEEP at 30 min. mark.

-Orange- (when idle is 45 to 60 mins.) - Will play a single Windows System default BEEP and a new sound file called IdleWarning.wav at the 45 min. mark. (The new .WAV file may take a day before the next time it is scheduled to check for missing files and download the new sound file. If after one day you don't see the new file in your Sounds folder, just contact me and I will happy to email you a copy of it).

-Red- (when idle is more than 60 mins.) - Will play the Windows System default BEEP each time the flight data is updated (usually 6-8 seconds) and at the 60 min. mark it will play the new IdleWarning.wav. During this condition, AAS will stop sending data to the site and no further time will be accumulated towards your total AAS flight time, until you become active again by moving the mouse cursor. After all, the program is called "ACTIVE" AirSource for a reason...hehe

The main reasons for adding this to the program is to save site bandwidth for active flights and to help keep the site as responsive as possible. Plus, I am sure I'm not alone in thinking that most pilots/people visiting the AAS pages don't want to see a short flight circling for hours and hours, because the pilot has either fallen asleep , or left for vacation and left computer running . I know I am guilty of sleeping on the job on a couple of occassions, so I am not trying to point any fingers , I'm just trying to keep the site and the flight data as quick and as accurate as possible .

I've tried to make it as noticable as possible, with visual and audible warnings, without being too annoying (unlike this very colorful reply..hehe), until it reaches the 60 min. mark, then the gloves come off .

NOTE: If the FS is PAUSED by you pressing the "P" key or whatever you have assigned for PAUSE, then the idle detection is bypassed, it is only while you are not PAUSED and time is being credited.

--------------------------------------------------------------
This post originated by John McCormack
AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Return to Active AirSource [AAS]