AirSource Shut-Out of all international pilots

*Support Discontinued* Discussions and usage instructions for Active AirSource

AirSource Shut-Out of all international pilots

Postby zk-bac » 14 Sep 2008 20:43

Since AAS now requires English (US) only, I have had to stop flying on Active Air-Source. This is posted for General Discussion because the developer (John) appears to no longer support or respond to his programme or the AAS Forum.

I develop software for sale on this machine so cannot change language settings for one programme. Since AAS used to work with all English languages, I am guessing that this isn't a critical factor to reset.

Basicly, this change has restricted Active AirSource to US pilots only and tells all other users to go away. Is that really what the site owners want?
zk-bac

Postby JSkorna » 14 Sep 2008 23:19

You can use MyAAS and get the same benefits.

If you paid for this software or membership here I would understand, but everyone here are volunteers, from this website to all our programs and features.

If John has real world commitments to deal with then that is what he should do.

It really doesn't take much to switch to English for a flight and switch back.

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby zk-bac » 15 Sep 2008 20:13

JSkorna wrote:You can use MyAAS and get the same benefits.

Well there's the thing ... no you don't. Flights on MyAAS don't show up on the flight board. The whole Airsource experience is therefore minimalised.

JSkorna wrote:It really doesn't take much to switch to English for a flight and switch back.

No it doesn't but it costs me in reputation and remedial work if I forget to switch back before compiling a client App and distributing it (with the wrong Language settings).

Of course everyone has their own life but john hasn't been on AirSource since 2006 so we're asking that the site owners see if they can do something about AAS. It's a small adjustment to make in the programme.
zk-bac

Postby JSkorna » 15 Sep 2008 22:48

"It's a small adjustment to make in the programme."

I am sure that management would like to see your programming fix so that all can benefit!

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 16 Sep 2008 00:38

I think this thread has run it's course and I really see no reason to add any more to it. It's very very rare that we lock topics here at AS, but sadly this one has no real purpose and it reads out a bit negative.

AAS is a great program, one for it's time and still running good. I see no reason to ask for fixes for something we don't even have the "keys" to. If I had the source code and the time I may have pursued some changes, hence why myAAS was released. That should pretty much sum it up.

Oh and yes, Jim makes a good point - and I have had at least one request from someone that wanted to develop a new "AAS" program using the FSX simconnect in the past 6 months. However unfortunately I haven't heard from them since.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Return to Active AirSource [AAS]