ils landing help.

Post helpful tips and flying suggestions. Ask questions and learn something new!

ils landing help.

Postby bcalkins2011 » 31 Dec 2011 14:39

ok i take off than when im about 30 nm from the airport i pause the game, than i get the frequancy and heading and enter them in, and i can hear the morse code working i turn gps/nav to nav and turn on app and it turns but it always go's the wrong way or just flies over the airport. someone said it was because i was flying the Back Course (BC) heading of an ILS runway. how can i fix it?

thanks! :D
bcalkins2011

Re: ils landing help.

Postby dickbloom » 31 Dec 2011 15:26

I would suggest that you go to the flightsim forum and read the posts that are there, follow the suggestions given, post your results including the suggested screen shots.
db.

dickbloom
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 31 Dec 2011 16:07

There are quite a few tutorials out there, but, check out the following link - it's a low key clear run-down on BC localizer approaches. http://stoenworks.com/Tutorials/ILS%20B ... aches.html

As well, the key to flying the BC approach is accuracy in terms of turns, airspeed and altitude. On the BC you don't have a glideslope to work with (such as with ILS), but if the airfield has VASI (Visual Approach Slope Indicator) lights [all red = too low, all white = too high, red & white = on a glidescope for the runway], you can use these in conjunction with your airspeed and altitude to visually "glide" down to the runway. Just note that there are quite a few types of VASI available (wikipedia them!).

Finally, practice practice practice - you'll find that eventually it will be quite easy to master!

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby reflanagan » 06 May 2012 01:59

Whether you are using FS9 or FS10, go to the flight school (flying lessons) or look it up in the Learing center. Every thing you may want to know is there, it just needs to be discovered.
reflanagan

Return to Flight School