My first VATSIM experience

Post helpful tips and flying suggestions. Ask questions and learn something new!

My first VATSIM experience

Postby Guest » 01 Feb 2006 02:24

and this link says it all... :(

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=7367

I felt so bad afterwards.. like I said I know there are people that fly that all teh time and I feel bad if I ruined someones long hard flight.

VATSIM is nerve racking... But I'll try it again tomorrow. I've got a Superbowl fligth to fly..

Postby AS 506 Jay Kae » 01 Feb 2006 03:46

I have stopped flying VATSIM to be honest mainly because I am in Aussie and when I am on there is usually only people in Aussie manning the ATC and the rest of the world is either asleep or at work. I am using my trusted Ultimate Traffic again. Also I had a run-in with an EHAM controller that peeved me off so.. yeh back to offline flying but with MyAAS & FsP it makes it a lot more real :)

AS 506 Jay Kae
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Guest » 01 Feb 2006 05:06

Jason,

Don't feel too bad about what happened. It is all part of the learning process. We've all had our times like yours tonite. Keep plugging in there and you'll soon be glad you stuck with it.

My best advice, because I have used this on many many occasions. Always know what you need to click first to disconnect from SB or FSInn.

If you have any aircraft failures, or similar issues like tonite's...simply disconnect from VATSIM. This will eliminate your concerns about harming someone else's flight.

Most of all, just get back out there and try again. Good Luck, Jason

Return to Flight School