SID and STAR Video Tutorials

Post helpful tips and flying suggestions. Ask questions and learn something new!

SID and STAR Video Tutorials

Postby Buckeye Roy » 01 Nov 2007 22:26

I ran across a great set of video tutorials by WTurbiasz on how to use SID and STARS on You Tube. The following is a link to Part 1. The others are listed off to the right and can be accessed on the You Tube website.

WTurbiasz has done some other excellant video tutorials on start-up procedures and using the FMC for PMDG aircraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ7c-02va_g

Hope these help.

Have fun!

Buckeye Roy
Commercial Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 17

Postby AS275 » 02 Nov 2007 12:36

Excellent find Roy. Thanks for that - most informative and answered several questions.
AS275

Re: SID and STAR Video Tutorials

Postby John Iverson » 17 Mar 2010 09:23

Maybe there could be one for setting up Air-Source and making it work?

I remember almost five yrs ago... I actually gave up trying to make AS work, I deleted it all in mass frustration. I had some 3k hrs in another ....

Then a good friend talked me through step by step on making AS work (while chatting on IRC, Ah the good old days... of being a DL pirate), FINALLY we got AS functioning, with FSUIPC (and whatever else it took).

Why not someone not so ugly as I do a short video on how to setup AS so we don't lose around 80% of the new hires? After five yrs watching the new hire list... and so few actually here... tell me something is maybe missing. Anyone else have a LOT of help as I did? Or am I just "special case"?

Having fun while AAS is not working, padding the posts number, schmoozing... while waiting.

Enjoy the day!!

John Iverson
AS-248
John Iverson
AS-248
John Iverson
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 248

Re: SID and STAR Video Tutorials

Postby vic365 » 18 Mar 2010 01:43

To be honest John, in my experience, the New Hire "retention rate" at almost every VA I've flown for and/or had some administrative duties in (around 8, I think) is somewhere south of 20%. I don't know what AirSource's percentage is but I don't think it has so much to do with AAS or MyAAS and making it work?

In all honesty I have found both AAS and MyAAS to be quite easy to set up and use (I think this is what you are referring to?). I posted a simple, step by step procedure for using MyAAS for one of my fellow pilots here not too long ago, search for my posts and it will show up.

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Return to Flight School