AirSource GENERAL FAQ

Important messages regarding AirSource operations and procedures. All Pilots are strongly urged to read these posts!

AirSource GENERAL FAQ

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 25 Nov 2005 04:33

Hello and welcome to AirSource!

:!: This topic is general and by no means is a comprehensive FAQ post. Search within the AirSource FAW forum for more answers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to provide you with the answers before you even have a chance to ask questions, AirSource follows new pilots' most often problems.

:?: Where my first flight starts from?

:arrow: Anywhere you wish. There are no restrictions on which Airport we start at. A future training flight schedule will enhance operations for our new pilots, but for now we are free to fly wherever we like.

:?: Do I have to select planes in accordance with my rank?

:arrow: According to the rules at this moment, no. However, unless you are an experienced flightsimmer, you might try to start properly and to practice step-by-step. The dance will become much better once you become a Turbine Officer. We reccomend flying some GA DIVISION flights (located- login, then go to PILOT OPERATIONS link, then FLIGHTS, then GA FLIGHT DIVISION). Here you can file flights and accrue time flown in a personal training aircraft like the Cessna 172. Highly reccomended for beginning Pilots!

:?: What airlines fly what planes and on what routes?

:arrow: AirSource offers MANY THOUSANDS of flights. These flights are derived from real world airline schedules and are located within the Scheduled flight division. Go to PILOT OPERATIONS link, then FLIGHTS, then SCHEDULED FLIGHT DIVISION.

:?: Where do I PIREP?

:arrow: Most of our members are using the MyAAS on line flight program. Simple menu instructions within the program will direct you to PIREP your flight once completed. If you do not use myAAS and wish to file a MANUAL PIREP, it depends on which division you chose to fly for; be sure you're logged in, then go to PILOT OPERATIONS link, then FLIGHTS, then choose the division you performed a flight for. From there you will see a link that says "PIREP/FILE FLIGHT". NOTE That only the Scheduled and Bid flight divisions allow MANUAL PIREP's at this time.

:?: Should my last arrival airport be a next departure one?

:arrow: According to the present rules, no. You are free to jump.
You might be interested in following the reality. This would also be a good practice for the upcoming Career Section, where this will be mandatory.

:?: Current Virtual Money balance - what are deductions for fines, purchases, etc?

:arrow: If you bid a flight and do not complete it, you will have to pay fines. See Bid Division rules for specific information.

Welcome again, have fun and feel free to use this forum for any problems you might have!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

:?: Why the timetables have three-letters codes if we use the four-letters ones? Which is the right version?

:arrow: Both are the right versions. We are talking about IATA (3 letters) and ICAO (4) airport codes. Basically, the technical part of aviation (pilots, controllers etc.) uses ICAO (because there is a plain distinction between the fields and the NAVAIDS that are in 3-letters format) , while the other workers (flight attendants, counter sales agents, management etc.) and passangers use IATA codes (because they do not know what the NAVAIDS are and do not care for plain differences between the fields and them, probably).

:?: Bid flight aircraft selection. Should I use the plane named in the contract?

:arrow: Yes, you should and you must.

:?: What if there is no functioning addon available?

:arrow: Slight deviations are allowed in that case. Use the same class of aircraft (similar range, size, engines).

:?: What if the bid or scheduled flight contract says Airbus A320-231 and I can find only A320-200?

:arrow: There is no difference between these two types as they belong to the same Airbus A320-200 series. Likewise, you would be allowed to perform a flight with A319 and A321 under special circumstances. This because A319 and A321, although different in size and range, belong to the same Airbus A320 series, along with A318 type.

You can not modify the aircraft type while reporting the flight. This is why we allow only slight deviations. Prior to accepting the contract, it is your duty to check the addon databases and prepare yourself for the flight, including your flight plan and estimated arrival time. Nobody is going to take the contract away, so get prepared first!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Where the AVIONICS MASTER SWITCH can be found on default Lear 45 in FS2002?

It cannot be found. LOL
-------------------------------------------------------------

Original post by Cap'n Ian Stiebar- AirSource Legal Advisor
AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Return to AirSource Employee Manual and FAQ