Journey into insanity - aka: DIY Panel and Gauges

Q & A about computer hardware and software. Discuss settings, errors, setup, etc.

Re: Journey into insanity - aka: DIY Panel and Gauges

Postby sonjamichelle » 18 Jul 2023 04:00

Woot Woot!

The screens for my G1000's arrived today!

The long screen for the Steam Gauges should be here later this week. The push buttons for the G1000 in a couple of weeks. I'll ge the rotary encoders in a couple of weeks. I jus thave to decide on whether I'm going to go with a PCB version or a wired up version.

Depending on how these do, I'll get the third one later on for the center G3000 MFD screen.

sonjamichelle
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 103

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 19 Jul 2023 23:18

Wow amazing! You'll be surrounded by screens! :D But really that is gonna be a sweet setup.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby sonjamichelle » 20 Jul 2023 02:44

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:Wow amazing! You'll be surrounded by screens!

Not too many screen actually. The main screnn, the 55" Vizio, which hopefully will be replaced in the future with a 49" ASUS Ultrawide Monitor. It's a similar one to what RealSim Gear uses for their Cirrus Cockpit package. Believe it or not, it will actually save some space, but give me a wider perspective. And of cours ea much better refresh rate and a clearer visuals. The TV is nice, but they were meant to be seen from across the room and just don't have the pixel density that a true computer monitor has that was meant to be viewed from a couple of feet.

Then the 3 Garmin displays, the little display in the console, MAYBE a GTN750, the little wide screen will just simulate steam gauges and will be mostly covered by round bezels. The only other screen would be the old Micorosft Surface for LittleNavMap and an old Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 running Aida64 with some PC stats, like temps, freqs, fan rpms, FPS. I'm REALLY trying to limit how many screens I have to chase my mouse around when not actually flying. These days it does get frustrating trying to find that little fuc ---- sucker. :mrgreen:

sonjamichelle
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 103

Previous

Return to Hardware / Software Discussion