Hangs head in shame

Learn from others mistakes, above all be safe!

Hangs head in shame

Postby bigrobmjca AS350 » 18 Dec 2008 18:49

Hey stupid rookie here with no future in avation. First I'll tell you one reason I know that. I'm a comm student (Radio/TV) and we were sitting in class in the production room (Radio Production). We were talking/bragging about our low grades in math classes but how we all made it through. I said I made a D in Math For Liberal Arts and my professor said "You're a Comm Student). THUS, COMM STUDENTS DON'T DO MATH GOOD. And I don't have the patience to go through years of training for avation. Anyway, in my travels I have bottomed out many, many times. I keep having trouble getting in the air sometimes, depending on what aircraft I'm flying. Also I have the tendancy to stall sometimes. I discussed this before in another forum that many times I will just end the flight and start AAS from scratch, acting as if nothing ever happened and just try again. Yea and I need to remeber to disengage auto-throttle when landing, I'M GETTING BETTER THOUGH!
bigrobmjca AS350

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 20 Dec 2008 06:46

Thanks for your posting and I wouldn't be so ashamed about it... take the building blocks approach and you will be fine. With technological advances in flightsimming it can be a real challenge.

Just for your info, the Training Wing over at the ASHA Division, led by Andre, will be posting lots of training flights covering many parts of aviation, airmanship, navigation etc, so keep an eye out on the ASHA Forum... good luck!

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby bigrobmjca AS350 » 20 Dec 2008 23:22

Thanks man.
bigrobmjca AS350

Return to vNTSB Incident Reports