GA Aircraft Purchase Now Available!

Find information about the latest AirSource news and website updates here

Re: GA Aircraft Purchase Now Available!

Postby vadopazzo » 21 Jun 2019 00:28

Yes! Got it! ... can't believe I missed it!

Thanks, again!

vadopazzo
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS129 - Michael » 04 Dec 2021 22:11

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:Members can now purchase their own GA Aircraft in the General Aviation area! If you have enough funds and the aircraft is available, you will be able to purchase GA Aircraft (up to a limited number depending on how long you have been a member)........

......Just head in to the GA Division then view aircraft / details and if the aircraft is available for sale there is a link in the "Aircraft Owner" information area. Start by looking at the aircraft master list here: http://air-source.us/Operations/asga/viewac.asp

I would love to be able to purchase the North Central Convair CV-580 that I have flown on so many RTW flights over the years? It would have to be added to the database and I should have more than enough V$'s to make the purchase.

Just curious!

AS129 - Michael
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 129

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 24 Dec 2021 01:07

Hello Michael,

I saw your PM, sorry I cannot believe I missed this thread! After some thought, I do not see why not. Although this *was* a passenger aircraft (and cargo as well), it is no longer in production (key factor) and if one can afford to purchase one here, I do not see why not? I believe some years ago Management added Boeing 737-700, I still clinch at that one (BBJ maybe ok) but then again, there ARE private owners of these otherwise "public transport" aircraft usually owned by airlines mainly due to sheer cost of ownership/operating.

So with that, we are here to have FUN! I have added 3 of them into the "World" Happy Holidays!

http://air-source.us/Operations/asga/vi ... sp?id=2023

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS129 - Michael » 31 Dec 2021 21:51

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:Hello Michael,

I saw your PM, sorry I cannot believe I missed this thread! After some thought, I do not see why not. Although this *was* a passenger aircraft (and cargo as well), it is no longer in production (key factor) and if one can afford to purchase one here, I do not see why not? I believe some years ago Management added Boeing 737-700, I still clinch at that one (BBJ maybe ok) but then again, there ARE private owners of these otherwise "public transport" aircraft usually owned by airlines mainly due to sheer cost of ownership/operating.

So with that, we are here to have FUN! I have added 3 of them into the "World" Happy Holidays!

http://air-source.us/Operations/asga/vi ... sp?id=2023

I just checked and only see 2 in the inventory and it looks like Martin Walker grabbed one of them? For some reason I am not able to purchase the other.

Sorry for the late reply as well. Omicron hit the household over here.

Edit: I think I figured it out. You can buy one aircraft per year. Does this reset tonight at midnight with the upcoming New Year? If so, I'll grab the other CV580 later, LOL!

AS129 - Michael

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 01 Jan 2022 04:45

Hello Michael,

No time limit as far as I'm aware but will need to double check - are you getting a particular message such as that? Can you copy/paste it here? There are still 2 aircraft that can be purchased. Just complete at least one flight with it and then you can purchase it.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS129 - Michael » 01 Jan 2022 06:57

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:Hello Michael,

No time limit as far as I'm aware but will need to double check - are you getting a particular message such as that? Can you copy/paste it here? There are still 2 aircraft that can be purchased. Just complete at least one flight with it and then you can purchase it.

LOL Forgot I had to fly it before I buy it...... I'll do that real quick. Happy New Year!

AS129 - Michael

Previous

Return to AirSource News and Updates