AirSource Military Contract Trial

Find information about the latest AirSource news and website updates here

AirSource Military Contract Trial

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 12 May 2018 01:32

In a recent agreement, AirSource is providing support for military flights on a limited basis. This contract trial will be monitored and if successful, may lead to enhanced services. The contract includes multiple countries, but as stated these flights are to begin on a limited basis.

Look for these special crew pass military flights here: http://air-source.us/operations/crew_pa ... rycontract

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Re: AirSource Military Contract Trial

Postby vadopazzo » 25 May 2018 07:58

Great addition! I've been flying thousands of miles in military/naval aircraft, modding airports to accommodate AI (MAIW) military combat and cargo parking and this is super! I've flown 1 route and would like to snag a pass for the others but, when I search the "militarycontract series", zero results are returned. Does this mean that all passes are currently taken?

vadopazzo
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 26 May 2018 02:26

vadopazzo wrote:Great addition! I've been flying thousands of miles in military/naval aircraft, modding airports to accommodate AI (MAIW) military combat and cargo parking and this is super! I've flown 1 route and would like to snag a pass for the others but, when I search the "militarycontract series", zero results are returned. Does this mean that all passes are currently taken?

Hi Barry - there are a couple in there now (get them while you can!). And they are entered once in a while so keep checking. Maybe, one day I would like to add a facility that sends an e-mail if we subscribe to a certain series of special crew passes...

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 26 May 2018 06:45

I will try and post some C-17 flights , i can get routes for The Royal Airforce not sure about others but i will have a look

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 26 May 2018 20:33

Leemazz wrote:I will try and post some C-17 flights , i can get routes for The Royal Airforce not sure about others but i will have a look

Thanks Lee! Be sure to use "MILITARYCONTRACT" as the series name.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby vadopazzo » 26 May 2018 20:35

Thanks! I'm glad to see the interest and the plan to add more military aircraft!

vadopazzo
Private Pilot

Postby Leemazz » 26 May 2018 21:01

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:
Leemazz wrote:I will try and post some C-17 flights , i can get routes for The Royal Airforce not sure about others but i will have a look

Thanks Lee! Be sure to use "MILITARYCONTRACT" as the series name.

Ive added two flights for the C-17 as MILITARYCHARTER , i will add others as MILITARYCONTRACT

Leemazz

Postby AS455 - Don » 27 May 2018 16:11

WOW - Tom!
You have been busy, my Friend!
Thanks for the new flights!
Kid in a Candy Store!
Don
Sorry Lee, I did not mean to leave you out!!! Thanks!

AS455 - Don

AirSource Pilot Number: 455

Postby AS455 - Don » 27 May 2018 17:28

Just Completed: NEED TO KNOW - TOP SECRET
C-130E Flight KPAM (Tyndall Air Force Base) to KCHS (Charleston Air Force Base)
Landing rwy15, Wx 12010kts, -98' Landing Rate, rwy visible 2100' at 7nm for 1.7hrs.
Good to get off-loaded and head to the Officers Mess.
Great Trip except for the Red X to ground my bird for fuel leak in starboard fuel cell.
I taxied to Fuel Cell Hangar (always the most remote and very large hangar on Base) with #1 and #4 caged.
Waiting for Line Transport to take us to Line Ops.

AS455 - Don

Postby vadopazzo » 03 Jun 2018 18:55

I've spent a lot of time over the past year building and flying military aircraft AI routes and upgrading the default FSX airports as needed to include parking for military combat and cargo aircraft. (It's rare to find a default military or naval airfield with anything more than a fuel box. Fuel boxes are fine for GA airports but don't make sense for larger airports; it's just as easy to add a fuel truck as it is a fuel box. I've also included fuel trucks since they add to the realism by servicing AI aircraft just before they call for clearance.) The great new initiative by air-souce.us to add a military contract series has added greatly to my AS enjoyment and I've decided to upload to avsim.net some of the airfields included in the "militarycontract" series along with a sampling of others I've done. The title of the file is "default_military_airfield_upgrade.zip". I've made many more covering Italy, Greece, Turkey, the Gulf region, South Sudan (I like Antonovs), Madagascar, the Himalayas from Bhutan to Pakistan. I don't add a lot of airport objects since my interest (for the many AI traffic routes I've made) is for AI aircraft to land, taxi to parking, and take off without disappearing (when no parking is available or taxiways are broken.

I'm really enjoying the military contract series ... keep them coming!

vadopazzo
Private Pilot

Postby Leemazz » 03 Jun 2018 21:12

The best Military airport for FSX or P3D is EGUL Lakenheath , its freeware and its fantastic , really well made .

I welcome any military airport to be honest Barry i always check MAIW for new releases . I did notice your release on Avsim and i will be downloading it , thanks Barry

Leemazz

Postby vadopazzo » 03 Jun 2018 22:09

thanks, Lee! Some of mine are duplicates of more elaborate sceneries but AI is central to my enjoyment and I've found some discrepencies in them, i.e., taxiways and hold short not always proper so that AI aircraft just stop or poof. I always use "Fault Finder" in ADE to be sure. I've always been more interested in departure and arrival in my flights so airport objects have taken second place. I enjoy them, tho. I'm hoping for some C5 flights here ... ;)) In my West Coast sceneries, I have helos, Ospreys, tons of jets, along with the heavy lifters populating the skies and naval airfields as well as the few Air Force bases - KEDW, KRIV, KSUU.

vadopazzo
Private Pilot

Postby Leemazz » 04 Jun 2018 19:53

Ive had a look at the C-5 and its difficult to get info for flights for the aircraft i know its now on the decline but still operates , i need to look into it a bit more . I was looking at the P-3 Orion but again info is limited and the flights i could find where more petroling flights .

I only add real flights to the crew pass so it takes time getting the info especially with REACH callsign

Also looked at the E-3 Sentry 737 , hopefully i will add flights for those aircraft in the near future

Leemazz

Postby vadopazzo » 10 Jun 2018 20:06

Is there a way to contact Don Smith? He completed the WRI-VBG flight on June 4th and hasn't returned it. I'd like to fly it.

This series has been a lot of fun! Now, I'm wondering about the World Cup ... plenty of flights there! I'd be willing to help out.

vadopazzo
Private Pilot

Postby AS455 - Don » 26 Jun 2018 15:40

Barry, I was sorry to hold you up Buddy! I was out of town! I am glad you got that trip.
I am currently working on reproducing for AirSource a real life USAF Mission that I participated in 1966.
In the fall of 1966, Charles de Gaulle told the United States to get its equipment, personnel, and operations of military bases out of France. We flew 24/7 to take what we could out and the rest would be blown up to rival any movie ever produced. As a USAF C-130E Crew Chief it was my responsibility to stay with my Herky Bird, 62-1792, and fly, fly, fly! The following will be the flights that I was a part of in the grand scheme of things. Stay tuned because it will in compass at least 16 trips in 7 countries.
I am hesitant at this point to include the aborted flights because of the prop reduction gear problems we had in Goose Bay. I will post the complete Mission and you decide if you want to fly it.

AS455 - Don

Next

Return to AirSource News and Updates