MyAAS V2 Public Beta Test

Find information about the latest AirSource news and website updates here

MyAAS V2 Public Beta Test

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 17 Jul 2012 00:18

AS 201 Joe Hamilton has been working very hard on a surprise for all of our members! Introducing MyAAS V2 - now in public beta testing! This means any AirSource member can download and test the new version. Thanks goes out to the EMT team (especially Mark Richards!) for testing up to the beta, we think that the beta version should be relatively "clean" and mostly error free.

*SINCE THIS IS A BETA TEST there is a small chance of something going wrong with the program. If you don't want to chance losing a flight (not very likely but is possible) feel free to run the original myAAS ALONG SIDE myAAS v2. Just BE SURE to turn OFF the on line option in myAAS (v1).

BIG thanks again goes out to Joe Hamilton - making AirSource better by the day!

Check out the myAAS 2 forum here which also has a post with download info...

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6119

Don't know much about programming? NO PROBLEM - Now you can do your part and test myAAS2, simply report in the myAAS 2 forum any issues you might come across.

Enjoy !

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Re: MyAAS V2 Public Beta Test

Postby AS-487 T. Headlam » 17 Jul 2012 05:18

Thank you AS-201 Joe Hamilton. Feels good we can always upgrade now and be in full control of everything. Rather than a couple of years ago we was stuck with The original Air-Source program in which we couldn't really update at all.

Thank you again AS 201 Joe Hamilton & the EMT's for the hard work. :mrgreen:
AS-487 T. Headlam
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby mynetdude » 09 Aug 2012 01:43

Not sure where to post this, but this seemed appropriate as this is about myAAS2

I found the manual, the manual has instructions that might be outdated? I flew a flight, it gave me the option to SAVE & PIREP but it did not and returned me to the flight selection screen.

There is no option to go to saved flights and so forth, so I don't know what else to do I do have the database file which I hope there are flights stored there.
mynetdude

Postby AS201 Joe » 09 Aug 2012 02:37

Ok, yes, the manual has fallen a bit behind. My apologies for that. I'll have to get to updating it.

You should have had a couple of options at the end of your flight. "Save flight report" and "Save and exit".
(note: backup your database just in case)

If you chose Save and exit, your flight is still in progress (should have an asterisk next to the route on the main screen). What you would need to do here, to end the flight, is put your aircraft at your destination airport, start the flight. Slew up a little bit. Unslew for just over 1 second and then slew back down to the ground and unslew (this basically put myaas2 back into arrival). Now you should be able to follow the next step.

If you chose Save flight report, you should have ended up with a results dialog with the options Flight complete, Refueling stop and cancel. You should pick flight complete. This should take you back to the main screen.

Now choose File->Upload Flights... This will upload the flights to the server
Finally File->Pirep Flights... This will take you to a web page where you fill in the flight information.

Hopefully this gets the flight filed. If not let me know an I'll PM you my email address so you can send me your database file.

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby AS201 Joe » 09 Aug 2012 13:09

Updated the quick flight in the manual. You might need to reload the page to get the new version.

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby garyddavis » 09 Aug 2012 21:58

Ijust finished a flight Kboi to Ksea... myaasv2 gave me the option to pirep this flight which I did.. and it automatically refresh my flight screen deleting the Kboi-Ksea etc... however it did not post the flight in my log book.. is there something more I should be doing?

garyddavis
Student Pilot

Postby AS201 Joe » 09 Aug 2012 22:52

Gary
See your post in tha myaas2 section

Joe

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby stephen001 » 20 Apr 2013 14:14

Hi All, i have filed 2 flights this morning using MyASS vr 2 and the flights are not being logged. The system is telling me the flights have been filed but i cannot see them filed on my roster page. I have followed the install instrutions etc any idea's would be welcome.

Thanks Stephen. :roll:
stephen001
Student Pilot

Postby JSkorna » 20 Apr 2013 14:53

You were able to enter your pilot info OK?

You used pilot number 401?

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby stephen001 » 20 Apr 2013 16:39

Yes i did log in ok and i used 401,but for some reason the system will not log the flight i have done. Would it be to do with uk keyboard instead of us keyboard settings
stephen001
Student Pilot

Postby AS201 Joe » 20 Apr 2013 23:00

Stephen-

Sorry for the late reply, I work on Saturday.

I could be wrong but, I don't see where the UK keyboard would cause a problem.

I have PM'ed you my email address. Could you send me your myaas2.db file and I'll have a look an see what's going on.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 06 Apr 2014 15:42

Did not even see the latest post to this thread until now. I am locking this topic as some of the replies are getting lost.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Return to AirSource News and Updates