AirSource Military Contract Trial

Find information about the latest AirSource news and website updates here

Re: AirSource Military Contract Trial

Postby AS455 - Don » 31 Jul 2018 15:25

Flt#1741 may not be viable.
I tried to fly this route but it took me to California. WRONG!
So, I will continue to test all of these routes in Puerto Rico.
I will give further updates!
Don

AS455 - Don
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 455

Postby AS455 - Don » 01 Aug 2018 19:43

Flt#1741 and Flt#1742 are viable!
I needed to update my AirRac.
You guys have fun!
Don Smith

AS455 - Don

Postby AS455 - Don » 02 Aug 2018 02:57

http://time.com/5353749/california-fire-map-2018/

Thousands of firefighters are currently battling the flames of 18 active wildfires, which are threatening communities from Redding in Northern California to Riverside County in Southern California. Two new blazes, one near Mendocino National Forest and one near Yuba City, broke out Tuesday, the Associated Press reports.
The state???s biggest wildfire, the Carr Fire in Redding, has burned through 112,888 acres in the past week. It was just 30% contained as of Wednesday morning. More than 300 miles south, the 58,074-acre Ferguson Fire prompted Yosemite National Park officials to close the popular Yosemite Valley for the first time in 20 years ??? during peak tourism season.

Flights to California in support of the Wild Fires to follow:
Flt# 1762 KDYS - KRDD
Flt# 1763 KRDD - KDYS

AS455 - Don

Postby AS455 - Don » 06 Aug 2018 04:20

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/quake-st ... ll-brknews

MATARAM, Indonesia (AP) ??? A powerful earthquake struck the Indonesian tourist island of Lombok, killing at least 91 people and shaking neighboring Bali, as authorities said Monday rescuers still hadn't reached some hard-hit areas and the death toll could climb.
It was the second deadly quake in a week to hit Lombok. A July 29 quake killed 16 people and damaged hundreds of houses, some of which collapsed in Sunday evening's magnitude 7.0 temblor, killing those inside.
National Disaster Mitigation Agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho told a news conference damage was "massive" in the north of Lombok.
Some areas still hadn't been reached, with rescuers hampered by collapsed bridges, electricity blackouts and damaged roads blocked with debris.
He said the death toll had risen to 91 and more than 200 people were seriously injured. Thousands of homes and buildings were damaged.
The quake, measured at 7.0 magnitude by Indonesian authorities and a still-powerful 6.9 by the U.S. Geological Survey, struck early Sunday evening at a depth of 10.5 kilometers (6 miles) in the northern part of Lombok.

Flt#1764 YPLM - WADD
Flt#1765 WADD - YPLM

Our thoughts and prayers go out to those effected.

AS455 - Don

Postby AS455 - Don » 07 Aug 2018 16:02

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/north ... smsnnews11
LAKEPORT, Calif. (AP) ??? Wildfires tearing through trees and brush, rampaging up hillsides and incinerating neighborhoods: The places and names change, but the devastation is showing signs of becoming the new normal in California.
On Monday, twin fires in Northern California being treated as one became the largest wildfire in state history, destroying 443 square miles (1,148 square kilometers) ??? nearly the size of the city of Los Angeles.
The Mendocino Complex fire north of San Francisco was still growing this week as it broke the record set eight months ago. In December, the Thomas Fire killed two people, burned 440 square miles and destroyed more than 1,000 buildings in Southern California.
The Mendocino Complex, which is 30 percent contained, has been less destructive to property than some of the other wildfires in the state because it is mostly raging in remote areas. But officials say it threatens 11,300 buildings and some new evacuations were ordered over the weekend as the flames spread.
Hotter weather attributed to climate change is drying out vegetation, creating more intense fires that spread quickly from rural areas to city subdivisions, climate and fire experts say. But they also blame cities and towns that are expanding housing into previously undeveloped areas.
More than 14,000 firefighters are battling more than a dozen major blazes throughout California, state Department of Forestry and Fire Protection spokesman Scott McLean said.

Two more flights to Northern California to help with the Wildfires:
Flt#1766 KLUF - 1O2 (Not 1 zero 2, but 1 [numeral] o 2)
Flt#1767 1O2 - KLUF

AS455 - Don

Postby AS455 - Don » 13 Aug 2018 17:18

Wildfire Smoke Study using a C-130 with Scientific Equipment.

https://phys.org/news/2018-07-scientist ... istry.html\
This summer, a four-engine cargo airplane laden with both scientists and sophisticated equipment will fly straight into hazy smoke from Western wildfires.
The flights will comprise the largest, most comprehensive attempt to date to measure and analyze the wildfire smoke that blankets vast swaths of the United States every year.
Throughout late July and August, a multi-agency, multidisciplinary team led by Colorado State University scientists will travel to Boise, Idaho, to conduct 15 to 20 smoke-observation flights. The project is called the Western Wildfire Experiment for Cloud Chemistry, Aerosol Absorption and Nitrogen, or WE-CAN, and is primarily supported by the National Science Foundation.
"This is a challenging field campaign," said lead scientist Emily Fischer, CSU assistant professor of atmospheric science. "It's not like measuring the plume from, say, a power plant. We don't know exactly where the fires will be, but we know that pretty much every year, there is a wildfire burning within a two-hour flight of Boise during the month of August."
The project brings together scientists from five universities and the NSF-funded National Center for Atmospheric Research, with partial support from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and NASA. The goal is a comprehensive, systematic understanding of the chemistry of wildfire smoke.
The researchers will answer such questions as: What is the smoke made of? How does it change over time, and as it travels? How does it affect clouds? How does the type and growth of the forest affect the composition of smoke produced? How does the smoke chemistry of hot-burning fires compare with lower-temperature, smoldering fires?
Answering these and other questions has major ramifications for downstream studies of air quality, health, nutrient cycles, weather and climate. The WE-CAN researchers hope to contribute to science in all these areas with the data they'll collect this summer.
"We're following the transport and transformation of the plume of gases and aerosols emitted by wildfires to understand the chemical changes they undergo over time, how their properties might vary, and what their impacts are on human health and the environment," said Sylvia Edgerton, program director in the NSF Division of Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences, which funds WE-CAN.

Two round trip flights near Boise, Idaho and Northern California:
Flt#1768 KMUO - KBAB
Flt#1769 KBAB - KMUO

AS455 - Don

Postby AS455 - Don » 18 Aug 2018 17:57

Cyclone Vardah hits Indian city of Chennai, 10 dead

By Emiko Jozuka, CNN
Updated 8:51 PM ET, Mon December 12, 2016
(CNN)Tropical cyclone Vardah, the first hurricane-strength storm to hit the Bay of Bengal this season, has struck the coastal Indian city of Chennai.
The storm uprooted trees, overturned cars and did extensive damage to buildings as it tore across the city. At least 10 people have died, according to the National Disaster Management Authority.
The winds at landfall on Monday were around 140 kilometers per hour (87 miles per hour), making Vardah equal to a Category 1 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson scale.
It has now moved inland, bringing gusty winds and torrential rainfall to the interior portions of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka states.
Prior to the storm's landing, Chennai already was pounded with heavy rain and winds.
The Indian Meteorological Department has issued heavy rain warnings for the whole of southern India. Fisherman have been told not to take their boats out for two more days
City on lockdown
Chennai, a city on the Bay of Bengal in eastern India, is the country's second largest financial hub after Mumbai.
Vardah could take a heavy toll on the country's agricultural sector, destroying banana plantations, papaya groves and rice paddies.
More than 170 relief camps have been set up in Chennai and several National Disaster and Reponse Force (NDRF) teams have been deployed to Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, according Krishna Kumar, a spokesman from the NDRF.
Tropical cyclone Vardah is India's strongest storm since October 2014, when cyclone Hudhud moved into Andhra Pradesh, claiming over 100 lives and causing $3.4 billion in damage.
Vardah could also hit fishing villages located along the coast of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
CNN meteorologists Tom Sater, Haley Brink, Michael Guy contributed to this report from Atlanta. CNN's Omar Khan contributed to this report from India.

There are two C-130 trips in MILITARYCONTRACT for the relief work in India:
Flt#1770 VIDP - VAPO
Flt#1771 VAPO - VOMM

AS455 - Don

Postby AS455 - Don » 23 Aug 2018 17:08

CBS/AP August 23, 2018, 12:38 PM
Hurricane Lane: Category 4 storm targets Hawaii
HONOLULU -- Hurricane Lane barreled toward the Hawaiian islands Wednesday as a powerful Category 4 storm with maximum sustained winds of 150 mph, the National Hurricane Center said. The Big Island and the islands of Maui, Lanai, Molokai and Kahoolawe were all under a hurricane warning, meaning hurricane conditions are expected beginning Thursday morning.
Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 40 miles from the center and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 140 miles. The islands of Kauai and Niihau were under a hurricane watch, with hurricane conditions possible beginning Thursday night.
Excessive rainfall associated with Lane is expected to affect portions of the Hawaiian Islands from late Wednesday into the weekend, the National Hurricane Center said, which could lead to major flash flooding and landslides.

Two C-130 Flights under "Military Contract" to study Hurricane Lane:
Flt#1772 PHNL - PHTO
Flt#1773 PHTO - PHNL

AS455 - Don

Postby AS455 - Don » 08 Sep 2018 12:24

Declaration In North Carolina

By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News
Tropical Storm Florence drew closer to the East Coast overnight and was expected to reach hurricane strength Sunday -- possibly becoming a major hurricane thereafter, forecasters said early Saturday.
The approaching storm prompted North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper to declare a state of emergency, a step that makes resources available for addressing the storm's effects.

The News & Observer
??? @newsobserver
Gov. Cooper declares state of emergency ahead of tropical storm:

"It's still too early to know the storm's path, (but) we know we have to be prepared" for #Florence, which once was a Category 4 hurricane and is getting stronger againhttps://buff.ly/2wUuYRt #ncwx #ncpol #ncgov
7:56 PM - Sep 7, 2018

Here are two C-130 Hurricane Flights under ???Military Contract??? to fly into and measure the Tropical Strom/Hurricane path:
Flight #1774: KCOF (Patrick AFB, FL) to KSSC (Shaw AFB, SC)
Flight #1775: KSSC (Shaw AFB, SC) to KCOF (Patrick AFB, FL)

AS455 - Don

Postby AS455 - Don » 08 Oct 2018 20:18

Hurricane Michael gets stronger as it heads for the USA mainland.
REUTERS:
"Mandatory evacuation orders and school closures were issued on Monday in the Florida Panhandle as Hurricane Michael was expected to strengthen rapidly before slamming into the state on Wednesday, the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) and county officials said.

Michael was currently a Category 1 hurricane but could become a Category 3 storm by Tuesday on the five-step Saffir-Simpson scale, with winds of at least 100 miles per hour (160 km per hour). The hurricane was predicted to dump up to 12 inches (30 cm) of rain with life-threatening flash flooding, according to forecasters. Storm surges of 2 to 12 feet (0.6 to 3.7 meters) were also expected.

Florida Governor Rick Scott declared a state of emergency in more than 20 counties along the Florida Panhandle and Big Bend. Scott advised Gulf Coast residents to prepare for possible evacuation orders, and he put more than 5,000 National Guard soldiers on alert."

"We are running out of time. TODAY is the day to get a plan, because tomorrow could be too late. It is critical that you take care of yourself, your family, and your business as Hurricane Michael approaches FL," Scott wrote on Twitter on Monday

Here are two C-130 Hurricane Hunter Flights into Hurricane Michael's path:
Flt#1777 - KDYS (Dyess AFB, TX) to KVPS (Elgin AFB, FL)
Flt#1778 - MUGM (Guantanamo Bay NAS, Cuba) to KVPS (Elgin AFB, FL)

AS455 - Don

Postby AS455 - Don » 27 Jan 2019 17:27

My rights to submit flights has been removed, unknown to me and without notifications. The flights below cannot be loaded into the Military Contract Trial. My apologies to all effected. I guess the two months that I have spent in the hospital (Oct - Nov '18) serve as a reminder "Out of sight (or voice) - Out of mind!"
I am sorry if I made anyone upset at my actions.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... et-to-soar

Tasmanian bushfires: 500 firefighters battle scores of blazes as temperature set to soar
Personnel, including some from interstate and New Zealand, are trying to keep communities safe and tackle about 50 fires still raging

Scores of Tasmanian residents were told to brace to defend their homes against uncontrolled fires or leave as blazes raged across the state on Sunday.
The Great Pine Tier fire has burned about 40,000 hectares, with the eastern edge of Lake Echo, south of Shannon, Waddamana, Synots Sugarloaf and Bashan Plains issuing the highest warning alert on Sunday afternoon.
Another fire raging out of control at Riveaux Road, Southwest also forced an emergency warning alert for Lonnavale, Glen Huon, Judbury and Bermuda Road.

Here are two C-130 Firefighter Support Flights into effected areas of the Tasmanian bushfires:
Flt#1779 – YLVT (Laverton Military) to YMLT (Launceston)
Flt#1780 – YMLT (Launceston) to YLVT (Laverton Military)

AS455 - Don

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 27 Jan 2019 20:56

AS455 - Don wrote:My rights to submit flights has been removed, unknown to me and without notifications. The flights below cannot be loaded into the Military Contract Trial. My apologies to all effected. I guess the two months that I have spent in the hospital (Oct - Nov '18) serve as a reminder "Out of sight (or voice) - Out of mind!"
I am sorry if I made anyone upset at my actions.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... et-to-soar

Tasmanian bushfires: 500 firefighters battle scores of blazes as temperature set to soar
Personnel, including some from interstate and New Zealand, are trying to keep communities safe and tackle about 50 fires still raging

Scores of Tasmanian residents were told to brace to defend their homes against uncontrolled fires or leave as blazes raged across the state on Sunday.
The Great Pine Tier fire has burned about 40,000 hectares, with the eastern edge of Lake Echo, south of Shannon, Waddamana, Synots Sugarloaf and Bashan Plains issuing the highest warning alert on Sunday afternoon.
Another fire raging out of control at Riveaux Road, Southwest also forced an emergency warning alert for Lonnavale, Glen Huon, Judbury and Bermuda Road.

Here are two C-130 Firefighter Support Flights into effected areas of the Tasmanian bushfires:

Hello Don,

Your rights were not removed, I checked the database and all seems ok. Also you're listed on the HR page here so I know your access is active: http://air-source.us/HR/HRMain.asp

Can you try logging out and back in again? Maybe the session needs refreshing..

Also sorry to hear that you were in the Hospital, but glad to see you're now back to flying :D

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS455 - Don » 28 Jan 2019 18:58

Hey Tom
Thank You for checking my status!
Sorry, I am so hot-headed. Maybe my MEDS are out of Whack!
Don

AS455 - Don

Postby AS455 - Don » 28 Jan 2019 19:13

OPERATIONAL

AS455 - Don

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 29 Jan 2019 00:01

:D Just glad you were able to get back in Don! Thank you for helping make AirSource a great place to fly!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Previous

Return to AirSource News and Updates