SUN 'N FUN

VP General Aviation Division: Tom Little.
General Discussion about the AirSource General Aviation Flights Division.

SUN 'N FUN

Postby AS455 - Don » 03 Apr 2019 14:20

Well, today I completed the SUN 'N FUN General Aviation Event landing at KLAL on 4/3/19. I would have been here yesterday, but I had a small surgical procedure in an out-patient’s clinic. That operation prevented the culmination of this trip yesterday that started on 4/1/19 from KDFW (no April Fool’s Joke here).
In between Dallas and Lakeland, I landed at KCTY, Cross City, Florida. Now the great thing about General Aviation is that I would have never thought about landing at Cross City but fore this SUN ‘N FUN Event. Thank you for widening our horizons!
When I go back to KDFW, a seven hour non-stop, I will be prepared with a sandwich or two and the appropriate relief apparatus. I do appreciate these kinds of events, so many Thanks to all involved.

Side Note: In my AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association) Magazine, April 2019, page 112, there is an advertisement about SUN n FUN International Fly-in and Expo.

AS455 - Don
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 455

Re: SUN 'N FUN

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 04 Apr 2019 00:40

Hi Don,

Yah this air show is pretty big around these parts - not quite like the Oshkosh show in Wisconsin (July) but really cool nonetheless... Good thing you didn't arrive yesterday if using real weather because it wasn't so nice here the last couple days (OVC 011 Monday night for example, good for ILS practice!). Shaping up for a beautiful rest of the week, though!

If anyone has international air shows they want to share we can certainly add them in!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Return to General Aviation Division