AC still available as "new lease"?

VP General Aviation Division: Tom Little.
General Discussion about the AirSource General Aviation Flights Division.

AC still available as "new lease"?

Postby vic365 » 27 Apr 2011 08:15

I flew N-609KV, a C-47 Skytrain, on it's first flight in the GA division and pirep'd it. It shows up in my flight log. Do I not quite get how our new GA division works? The AC still shows as a New Lease and available for any airport. Should it not be located at PAPH, at this point?

Why do you people keep confusing me?? OK...I'll admit...confusing me ain't that hard of work. You probably don't need to pack a lunch. :lol:

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: AC still available as "new lease"?

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 27 Apr 2011 22:34

Hello Vic,

The aircraft you mention above has been "created" and currently exists with the stats that you flew: http://www.air-source.us/Operations/asg ... asp?id=257

And yes, the "new lease" aircraft will ALWAYS be available until the AS World Capacity is met. (for this aircraft type over 5,000 more would need to be created!)

The advantage to flying an aircraft that already "exisits" such as N-609KV is the savings in lease rate over the "new lease" however in the new lease you can effectively depart from ANY airport, wheras in N-609KV we would be forced to depart where this aircraft currently resides (PAPH)

So think of it like this:

You go the GA Division and choose a new lease for another C-47. You choose to fly from KMCO to KATL. After you PIREP a registration ID is assigned to this aircraft and now it resides at KATL, ready for another pilot to lease. This aircraft will be available until someone purchases it (future lanned feature), or a manager removes the aircraft from the "roster".

This "cycle" repeats itself until all capacity of this aircraft type are exausted.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby vic365 » 27 Apr 2011 22:41

Got it. I saw the new lease designation still in the aircraft list for a C-47 after my flight and didn't realize that a "new" New Lease had been created automatically.

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby JSkorna » 27 Apr 2011 22:48

Wait until members can purchase planes and rent them out and you'll REALLY be confused then! :D :lol:

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby vic365 » 28 Apr 2011 19:23

Oh...sure...throw some more twists in!! :lol:

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Return to General Aviation Division