Sources for GA aircraft

VP General Aviation Division: Tom Little.
General Discussion about the AirSource General Aviation Flights Division.

Sources for GA aircraft

Postby vadopazzo » 28 Mar 2011 02:40

I would like to fly the Lancair IV-P (listed as Laincair, I assume it's Lancair) but am unable to find it at the usual sources (avsim, flightsim.com). There are plenty of Lancair Legacy 2000 which is also listed in the "Aircraft Statistics". Are we required to fly the exact same model as listed in GA aircraft? If so, it would help if the sources of all GA aircraft could be included in the details.

I've been enjoying this new dimension of AS immensely, flying cross-country from Brown Field near KSAN to Portland, Maine and down the east coast to KILM, so far. I've used the Piper Archer and the Mooney Bravo but would also like to use the Lancair, if I can find the correct model; otherwise, I'll use the Legacy 2000 and assume that it's acceptable.

thanks, again!

vadopazzo
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Sources for GA aircraft

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 28 Mar 2011 10:45

Hello Barry,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the experience. Since the sources are able to change a lot (i.e. AVSIM loses all their files and has to rebuild, authors pull the file from website, etc.) we went the other way around, in that if you find an aircraft you like (whether it be pay or freeware) you can simply request it to be added to the GA aircraft list if it qualifies we will add it.

The Lancair has been changed to accurately reflect its name, thanks for the report. Also this (IV-P) is a payware aircraft available from ORBX.

I believe the 2000 is a seperate aircraft all together, so if the aircraft type you would like to fly needs to be added to the list, simply reply to this topic --> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4890

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Re: Sources for GA aircraft

Postby vadopazzo » 28 Mar 2011 16:14

Thanks for the clarification, Tom. I'm thinking of adding the Socata Trinidad TB21 if I can find all of the required data!

vadopazzo
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Return to General Aviation Division