Another flight lost during pirep

VP General Aviation Division: Tom Little.
General Discussion about the AirSource General Aviation Flights Division.

Another flight lost during pirep

Postby Nightflier101BL » 11 Feb 2011 03:09

Hello again. It seems that I'm getting the same issue as before when I'm attempting to send the pirep for my flight through MyAAS. It takes a good while, then I get a page cannot be displayed message and then it just quits.

Here is my flight info, if you can fix it for me:

KOKV-KGKT
Dep: 1325Z
Arr: 1549Z
Fuel: 1231 LBS
Aircraft: Beechcraft Super King Air B200
No night
No IMC
Dist: 370 nm

Thanks
Robert
Nightflier101BL

Re: Another flight lost during pirep

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 11 Feb 2011 11:51

okay - I did file your flight through the admin interface however does the flight still show in myAAS as a flight you can PIREP? Or did myAAS remove the flight? If it did remove the flight I need to change some code so that in the future when there are website issues myAAS does not remove the flight.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby Nightflier101BL » 11 Feb 2011 12:55

No, after it closed on me, it does not show as a flight I can pirep anymore. It's still there as a flight I can fly but no record of what I completed.

Thank you for your help.

Robert
Nightflier101BL

Postby AS573 Darryl Roach » 20 Feb 2011 19:31

I too have had this issue filing time for the GA division. It seems to be the only division that gives me this trouble on MyAAS. It all goes well until you click "Pirep" or 'Submit" at the bottom of the form (can't remember which it is), and then it times out while it's sending it. MyAAS then closes down as defaulted, but if you re-open it, it's not in the locally saved flight option, nor has it recorded in the logbook.

I've had too many times it has done this to me, but here is my most recent flight if you'd like to add it manually for me:

KSSF-KSSF
Dep: 1850Z
Arr: 1920Z
Fuel: 76 Lbs
Aircraft: Symphony 160
0.0 Night
0.0 IFR
Dist: 15nm
AS573 Darryl Roach

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 20 Feb 2011 21:28

AS573 Darryl Roach wrote:I too have had this issue filing time for the GA division. It seems to be the only division that gives me this trouble on MyAAS. It all goes well until you click "Pirep" or 'Submit" at the bottom of the form (can't remember which it is), and then it times out while it's sending it. MyAAS then closes down as defaulted, but if you re-open it, it's not in the locally saved flight option, nor has it recorded in the logbook.

I've had too many times it has done this to me, but here is my most recent flight if you'd like to add it manually for me:

KSSF-KSSF
0.0 Night
0.0 IFR

Darryl, the flight has been filed for you now. I am trying to find the error, if this happens again please try to make note of the error if one displays.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS573 Darryl Roach » 21 Feb 2011 00:21

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:
AS573 Darryl Roach wrote:I too have had this issue filing time for the GA division. It seems to be the only division that gives me this trouble on MyAAS. It all goes well until you click "Pirep" or 'Submit" at the bottom of the form (can't remember which it is), and then it times out while it's sending it. MyAAS then closes down as defaulted, but if you re-open it, it's not in the locally saved flight option, nor has it recorded in the logbook.

KSSF-KSSF
0.0 Night
0.0 IFR

Darryl, the flight has been filed for you now. I am trying to find the error, if this happens again please try to make note of the error if one displays.

Will do, Tom, and thanks. From my experience of it though, it never displays any error other than the same server timeout error that displays in a browser sometimes.
AS573 Darryl Roach

Return to General Aviation Division