Manual Report Flights??

Are you a new pilot? Do you have a question? Or just want to chat? This is where you want to post...

Manual Report Flights??

Postby BillTheSlink » 18 Apr 2016 01:52

I flew from KSLC to KCVG over the course of two of two nights. After landing at KCVG my P3D froze and I lost all flight data in My Asource. Eventually it started working again but it was studdering badly. Anyway I went to PIREP and my data was gone. It was a great landing other than I flared just a little too soon and we ballooned a bit and we almost ran out of runway, but I did get her stopped. My Active Airsource actually started a new flight. I don't know what happened.

We used to be able to PIREP flights manually. Is there still some way to do this?
BillTheSlink
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 445

Re: Manual Report Flights??

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 19 Apr 2016 00:51

Hi Bill, sorry to hear about the bad luck. Yes you can PIREP manually, but it needs to be a scheduled flight. Did you back up the local database file? Maybe Joe could have a look.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby BillTheSlink » 19 Apr 2016 02:17

Yes, it was a scheduled flight, but no, I didn't back up any data as I don't know how.

BillTheSlink
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 445

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 19 Apr 2016 10:55

To do a manual PIREP in the scheduled division go to the plan book [http://air-source.us/Operations/SCHEDULED/PB_View.asp] then click on PIREP flight link next to your booked flight.

The myAAS database file is in the same folder as the myAAS2.exe file and Is called myAAS2.db

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Return to New Pilot Discussions