Hello, refueling question

Are you a new pilot? Do you have a question? Or just want to chat? This is where you want to post...

Hello, refueling question

Postby AS550Lee » 16 Mar 2016 11:10

Hello everyone, I searched the forum and found a similar issue I have but wanted to ask a question as im not sure if im doing something the correct way or not. I was doing a crew pass delivery flight today from KBFI to EHAM Transavia52. I looked up the given hex code and saw that the actual flight was started on March 2 to BIKF and then on to EHAM on March 10th.

I landed in BIKF for a refueling stop and at the gate put my park brake on. I selected end flight/pirep and then I selected refueling stop. An "R" showed next to my flight. I then closed myaas. I went back to start the last part of the flight from BIKF to EHAM but the "R" is no longer next to my flight in myaas. Im not sure if ive lost the data somehow or if that's working as intended. Im not sure whether to continue my flight to EHAM as im not sure when I pirep the flight it will show from KBFI or from BIKF?

This is my first flight using refueling stop. So overall I guess my question is if I need to do something different or can I continue my flight from BIKF to EHAM? Thanks in advance to any who may help. I haven't posted before but have a screenshot that may help.
Transavia del flight.gif
Transavia del flight.gif (652.82 KiB) Viewed 829 times

AS550Lee
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Hello, refueling question

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 16 Mar 2016 11:30

Hello Lee,

I am not 100% sure of how the internals of the system works, Joe will be able to answer this better. But I would think that if you fire up the simulator and myAAS, try to continue the flight and it should load up.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS201 Joe » 16 Mar 2016 11:45

Hi Lee-

Not sure why the 'R' is disappearing. I'll have to look into that.

I would back up the myaas2.db file and then try and carry on. You can tell if it's right by looking at time flown. I think it keeps the total time. Or, look at the Air-Source map...I know it does.

If not, send me the back up copy of myaas2.db and I'll get it fixed up (jbham -at- hotmail.com)

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby AS550Lee » 16 Mar 2016 11:47

Thank you Tom and Joe, will do. Ill post or message if It looks incorrect.

AS550Lee
Student Pilot

Postby AS550Lee » 16 Mar 2016 15:37

I just filed the pirep for the complete flight and all looked well. The "R" disappearing ill take note to see on my next refueling stop if it happens again or not. Happy Skies!

AS550Lee
Student Pilot

Postby AS201 Joe » 16 Mar 2016 15:45

Good to know, Lee. Thanks.

The refueling issue should be fixed with the update I uploaded earlier.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Return to New Pilot Discussions