Too many failures/emergencies?

Are you a new pilot? Do you have a question? Or just want to chat? This is where you want to post...

Too many failures/emergencies?

Postby metalmike » 14 Jul 2015 20:47

I read the part of the manual that refers to Emergency Deviations. I've recently decided to fly with Random Failures (1 every 10 hours) on my PMDG aircraft, in addition to service based failures (which are more rare). Makes things a lot more spontaneous and interesting, and really makes me get my monies-worth out of these addons. Is this okay to use on AS flights? Or would it just get a bit ridiculous with all the weird non-standard pireps?
metalmike

Re: Too many failures/emergencies?

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 14 Jul 2015 23:43

metalmike wrote:I read the part of the manual that refers to Emergency Deviations. I've recently decided to fly with Random Failures (1 every 10 hours) on my PMDG aircraft, in addition to service based failures (which are more rare). Makes things a lot more spontaneous and interesting, and really makes me get my monies-worth out of these addons. Is this okay to use on AS flights? Or would it just get a bit ridiculous with all the weird non-standard pireps?

Hello Michael,

There's nothing wrong with having emergencies. Provides good training too. Just always be sure to follow the guidelines in the AirSource manual and all will be good!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Return to New Pilot Discussions