New hire

Are you a new pilot? Do you have a question? Or just want to chat? This is where you want to post...

New hire

Postby dredick » 07 Oct 2013 05:41

Hi all. Thought I'd pop in here and say hello.

I've been involved (off and on) with flight simming since the original MSFS for the Apple II back in the early '80's. I've never been real good at virtual flying, but I enjoy the heck out of it! :D

Finally got FSX a couple of months ago when I had the thought of "Well, the game is years old, certainly my computer can handle it". Unlike other games of similar age where I can run balls to the wall on the graphics, this is not the case with FSX. I can't run everything maxed out and have a decent frame rate. :(

No matter - it still looks pretty darn good!

So far I have about 150 various aircraft and helicopter models in my collection, and with the various repaints I have, all told probably about 600 total.

Last week I completed my first two flights here, ending up in Olympia, WA at the end of my second flight. Been thinking of where to go from here - and in what aircraft - there are so many possibilities LOL!

I had a third flight going, but due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to complete it. :cry:
dredick

Re: New hire

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 07 Oct 2013 10:32

Welcome aboard Darrin!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 07 Oct 2013 13:22

Thanks for joining up here at Air Source- lots of choices to make for flights so enjoy! :)

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 07 Oct 2013 19:28

Welcome to the crew Darrin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Return to New Pilot Discussions