HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Are you a new pilot? Do you have a question? Or just want to chat? This is where you want to post...

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby joshleeman » 18 Nov 2011 14:41

Thanks so much for taking the time buddy, very thankfull!! A sig in an AirSource members post on a different websites forum is what made me know this great site even exists. So do you think someone might want to get the create sig link working right for regular members to do themselves or are we the only few who had these issues, either way thanks so much!!! Peace

joshleeman
Student Pilot
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Nov 2011 14:50
Location: [AirSource ID: AS 128]
AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 03 Dec 2011 01:46

first_officer wrote:I can solve this problem. The link "create forum sig" doesn't work at Mozilla Firefox and I try to click this link at Internet Explorer. After that the problem was solved. Thank you.



Interesting - and thanks! Not sure why it wouldn't work in firefox, but that's usually how my luck goes..

User avatar
AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]
 
Posts: 2719
Joined: 23 Nov 2005 20:03
Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby mynetdude » 06 Dec 2011 05:41

I had to change my email so it would match since all my FS stuff were using my old email and I finally made the changes and I am still not seeing the siggy strip even though I have clicked on the link and not sure why it won't appear.
mynetdude
 

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby JSkorna » 06 Dec 2011 21:40

Are you using Firefox?

User avatar
JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]
 
Posts: 777
Joined: 27 Nov 2005 20:33
Location: [AirSource ID: AS 195]
AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 06 Dec 2011 22:01

mynetdude wrote:I had to change my email so it would match since all my FS stuff were using my old email and I finally made the changes and I am still not seeing the siggy strip even though I have clicked on the link and not sure why it won't appear.


I logged in as you and clicked link and it worked fine..(using IE)

User avatar
AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]
 
Posts: 2719
Joined: 23 Nov 2005 20:03
Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby mynetdude » 07 Dec 2011 05:24

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:
mynetdude wrote:I had to change my email so it would match since all my FS stuff were using my old email and I finally made the changes and I am still not seeing the siggy strip even though I have clicked on the link and not sure why it won't appear.


I logged in as you and clicked link and it worked fine..(using IE)


Goes to show Chrome is lame :P
mynetdude
 

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 07 Dec 2011 20:53

mynetdude wrote:
AS 2 Tom Little wrote:
mynetdude wrote:I had to change my email so it would match since all my FS stuff were using my old email and I finally made the changes and I am still not seeing the siggy strip even though I have clicked on the link and not sure why it won't appear.


I logged in as you and clicked link and it worked fine..(using IE)


Goes to show Chrome is lame :P


no no - more like my programming lol! So it for some reason does not work in chrome or ff? hmmm

User avatar
AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]
 
Posts: 2719
Joined: 23 Nov 2005 20:03
Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby JSkorna » 08 Dec 2011 01:12

I "may" have used Chrome to set mine up, but that was so long ago that I am not sure. I could remove mine and try again if you want to test this out.

User avatar
JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]
 
Posts: 777
Joined: 27 Nov 2005 20:33
Location: [AirSource ID: AS 195]
AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 10 Dec 2011 01:34

JSkorna wrote:I "may" have used Chrome to set mine up, but that was so long ago that I am not sure. I could remove mine and try again if you want to test this out.



Nahh that's okay Jim - at least we know IE works if nothing else!

User avatar
AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]
 
Posts: 2719
Joined: 23 Nov 2005 20:03
Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby KRodrig1969 » 16 Dec 2011 19:56

I believe I may have fallen prey to the gremlins that have troubled other users in the past. I have made sure that my email address at both locatons are identical. I started to click the "Forum Signature" option in my logbook about three days ago, but no joy. Tom, if you're out there, perhaps you can shed some light for me?

I'm using IE9, no FF or Chrome.

Cheers,
Ken
KRodrig1969
 

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby mynetdude » 16 Dec 2011 22:29

KRodrig1969 wrote:I believe I may have fallen prey to the gremlins that have troubled other users in the past. I have made sure that my email address at both locatons are identical. I started to click the "Forum Signature" option in my logbook about three days ago, but no joy. Tom, if you're out there, perhaps you can shed some light for me?

I'm using IE9, no FF or Chrome.

Cheers,
Ken


See now it doesn't work for IE :S
mynetdude
 

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 17 Dec 2011 03:05

KRodrig1969 wrote:I believe I may have fallen prey to the gremlins that have troubled other users in the past. I have made sure that my email address at both locatons are identical. I started to click the "Forum Signature" option in my logbook about three days ago, but no joy. Tom, if you're out there, perhaps you can shed some light for me?

I'm using IE9, no FF or Chrome.

Cheers,
Ken


Using IE 9 here as well, logged in as you and clicked link in logbook - looks like it worked! Perhaps your cache needed to be cleaned out (page not re-loading?) and/or cookies not enabled? Either way it's now on for you.

User avatar
AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]
 
Posts: 2719
Joined: 23 Nov 2005 20:03
Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby KRodrig1969 » 18 Dec 2011 02:06

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:
KRodrig1969 wrote:I believe I may have fallen prey to the gremlins that have troubled other users in the past. I have made sure that my email address at both locatons are identical. I started to click the "Forum Signature" option in my logbook about three days ago, but no joy. Tom, if you're out there, perhaps you can shed some light for me?

I'm using IE9, no FF or Chrome.

Cheers,
Ken


Using IE 9 here as well, logged in as you and clicked link in logbook - looks like it worked! Perhaps your cache needed to be cleaned out (page not re-loading?) and/or cookies not enabled? Either way it's now on for you.


Thank you kind sir. :P

It's working.
KRodrig1969
 

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby AS219 Jim » 30 Jan 2012 19:00

My Sig is working :)
AS219 Jim
 

Re: HOW TO GET FORUM SIGNATURE BANNER?

Postby asidh33 » 06 Mar 2012 11:38

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:So how do you get an AIRSOURCE forum signature to start appearing for your profile? Simply go to your logbooks and click on the link "Create Forum Signature". (note that this will remove your current forum signature whatever that may be). There's no need to click that link again unless you come in to the forums and change your signature through the user control panel. Those who do not use AAS or myAAS: the hours will not update at this time, but that will be corrected in future. For those manual filers simply click on the "Create Forum Signature" link in your logbook to refresh the sig.

NOTE: You will not be able to use forum signatures IF YOUR AIRSOURCE e-mail address and FORUM e-mail address do not match!

thank you got it
asidh33
 

PreviousNext

Return to New Pilot Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron