Why so few?

VP Special Events: Mark Richards. General Discussion about the AirSource Special Events Division.

Why so few?

Postby AshleyW » 12 Oct 2015 12:22

I have never seen so few flights in this division.
NOT complaining - just noting.
Are we allowed to request flights that are not real world but fun anyway or do they need to be "official"?
AshleyW

Re: Why so few?

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 12 Oct 2015 14:48

We try to make the bid flights as real as possible, unless it is for an event.

If you want to fly a sector that is fictional, I recommend the GA Division or using the Flight Kiosk section of the Scheduled Division.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Re: Why so few?

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 13 Oct 2015 10:52

Ashley

To set the record straight for everyone who reads your message.

You sent your PM to me at 01:08 local time for me so I was sleeping.

I checked your PM at 06:00 my time before heading out the door to work and didn't have time to respond before needing to head into the office. I'm in a Senior Management position that requires my full attention and I do not access anything personal in work time.

It's 21:44 hours and I have just got home, so after a 15 hour day AirSource was not high on my priority list, cooking and eating dinner.

I am in Australia so a totally different timezone to you and generally, given that I work 60-70 hours a week, my leisure time is limited to weekends.

There is no bashing going on. There is no disrespect from any member of the EMT. You effectively gave me 6 hours and 8 minutes to respond at a time when I was sleeping for the majority of that time in order to be ready for what I knew was going to be a long day.

I will reply tonight before I go to bed.

Mark

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Return to Special Events - Crew Pass