Circumnavigate the Globe

VP Special Events: Mark Richards. General Discussion about the AirSource Special Events Division.

Re: Circumnavigate the Globe

Postby chobson » 27 Oct 2014 21:04

Hi Everyone ,

The next 10 sectors have now been posted in the bid section for our trip this will now take you over half the way around the world to Hawaii.

Enjoy the flights !!

regards
Craig

chobson
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 495

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 28 Oct 2014 17:13

Excellent work Craig, thanks.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby chobson » 28 Oct 2014 17:54

Thank you Mark

Enjoy the flights

chobson

Postby chobson » 12 Nov 2014 20:39

Hi Everyone

Just a quick post to let you know we have made a mile stone.

As per commitments you may or maynot be aware that Don and myself try and fly every sector together. If realworld life gets in the way we agree to fly to a certain leg in our own time and wait for each other to catch up.

I agreed to meet Don in Australia Brome Airport and the milestone we have hit is that i have arrived in Australia. In my Virtual Career of over 20 years and yes mostly on my own ive never flown a single engine turboprop from my home airport EGNJ to Australia until now. I know Don knows how excited i get on reaching these bucket list goals and that he is joining me here in the next 24 hours.

Its been quiet on leg posting recently this is because we got a little delayed and i know some of you are way ahead of us but the reason for not posting the entire route is not only for bid expiry dates but we would like to be the first to touch down in the uk if thats ok with you all. We are gathering speed on the legs so the crossing of australia will be done hopefully by early next week. Once we have only 5 legs remaining then i will post the next 10 or so sectors for you all to enjoy.
I hope you all enjoy the challenge and dont get too fustrated waiting for us

all the best
Craig

chobson

Postby chobson » 14 Dec 2014 18:58

Hi Everyone,

First of all my appologies for the late posting of the flights my real job at this time of the year becomes rather busy and had to take preference for a while.

But i am happy to announce that the next 10 legs of this epic journey are now posted for you to enjoy. This is the part of the trip i consider to be the most demanding flying across Alaska and northern Canada . These ten legs leave you ready to cross the pond on the north atlantic track in the next 5 yes only 5 legs to complete our epic adventure.
We hope you enjoy the sectors and look forward to seeing you all in Goose Bay .

On behalf of Don and i we wish all our fellow pilots on our adventure and in Airsource and also EMT a very happy Christmas and a very safe and prosperous new year.

chobson

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 15 Dec 2014 12:05

Great work Craig! It's been an epic journey!

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Postby JSkorna » 15 Dec 2014 23:04

Thanks guys!! Note that I have seen the request that you 2 finish first and I will honor that request!

JSkorna

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby chobson » 16 Dec 2014 19:41

Jim,

Thank you sir and may i just add myself and Don have been watching the interest in our flights and still to this day it blows us both away to see how many people fly and enjoy our tour but not only that the amount of hours you guys have flown and are interested in what we have produced to have so many hardcore airsource pilots take an interest was just a dream to us thank you to all and not only that but we welcome all new pilots to airsource to come join in with us.

Its yet to be discussed but we already have ideas for more flights like this in different aircraft each time but of course its up to you the pilots to give us the feed back and also the permission from Mark and EMT to allow us to continue to produce these flights and the acheivements it sets which is different to what we already do and love at airsource. I for one are happy to put in the time for you guys if EMT agree and if you all would like us to keep these flights going.

Thank you again
Craig

chobson

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 16 Dec 2014 20:46

chobson wrote:Its yet to be discussed but we already have ideas for more flights like this in different aircraft each time but of course its up to you the pilots to give us the feed back and also the permission from Mark and EMT to allow us to continue to produce these flights and the acheivements it sets which is different to what we already do and love at airsource. I for one are happy to put in the time for you guys if EMT agree and if you all would like us to keep these flights going.

Thank you again
Craig

I would love you guys to plan more like this Craig as it makes a nice variation on events and allows the crew to build some nice hours with a defined purpose here at AirSource. It's members like you and Don that make AirSource what it is!

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Postby chobson » 16 Dec 2014 20:53

Thank you Mark ,

Deeply touched on your kind words for us both and look forward to more of our flights in 2015!

Craig

chobson

Postby JSkorna » 27 Dec 2014 17:17

Hi Guys!

Legs 26 and 29 are no longer listed. I know 26 was there because I have flown it, not sure about 29. No hurry for sure!

JSkorna

Postby chobson » 28 Dec 2014 16:12

Jim
All sorted for you sorry bout that and the delay still busy with family holidays and work you know how it is lol :D

regards
Craig

chobson

Postby chobson » 28 Dec 2014 17:47

Hey everyone,
Some bad news Dons computer has died on him so is going for repair hes not sure when it will be back so hes asked me to soldier on on our flight solo for now he will catch up when his computer is fixed . So if you see me some where in the pacific say hi as for now im leaving Don in Auckland New Zealand and hope his pc is better soon

regards
Craig

chobson

Postby JSkorna » 28 Dec 2014 18:44

Thanks!

Maybe the New Year Baby can drop off a new computer for Don!

JSkorna

Postby chobson » 28 Dec 2014 19:35

Heres hoping

Craig

chobson

PreviousNext

Return to Special Events - Crew Pass