Circumnavigate the Globe

VP Special Events: Mark Richards. General Discussion about the AirSource Special Events Division.

Circumnavigate the Globe

Postby AS455 - Don » 03 Oct 2014 13:34

On behalf of Craig and I - we wish to express our utmost appreciation to the Administration and the VP Bid Division, Mark Richards, for their support in this adventure. Now, you can join in on this challenging experience when we post the specific legs in the Bid Section under 'Circumnavigate the Globe'. Personally, I am so very proud to be associated with the dedicated individuals at AirSource Virtual Pilot's Union. Thank You!

AS455 - Don
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 455

Re: Circumnavigate the Globe

Postby milo221 » 03 Oct 2014 15:09

That's awesome news Don!!

Thanks Mark for including this in the bid division for all to enjoy!

Cheers,

-Dave

milo221
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 531

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 05 Oct 2014 11:43

Don / Craig - I just had an idea for the future and when you all file your flights, put this CODE into EVERY one of your flight PIREP comments:

*COMMUNITYAS455CTHEGLOBE2014*

Doesn't matter where in the comments (can put at the end).

For anyone else doing the flights (Craig, etc.) put the same exact code (even the AS455 part).

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby Neil B » 05 Oct 2014 15:11

So any of us can join in with this ? Sounds great.

Neil B
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby chobson » 05 Oct 2014 17:43

Hi everyone

Tom no problems we can put in the code no problems what so ever.

Neil
Hello sir nice to meet you anyone can join us live and fly with us in fact more the merrier. We do use the Vatme server this operates and connects with the same software as Vatsim (fscopilot and fsinn) All you need to do is sign up on there site for free and off you go full instructions are at there site. This looks like a va site but it is setup simlar but really its a community and a flight server in which Don and i have used for some time to fly together.

We will post the leg we are going to fly the day we fly it it is then available for you to fly with us at our allotted time or at the pace your real life allows. We work in zulu time as always im in the UK Don in USA so we are pretty good at time differences. We usually aim to fly as often as we can dependant on real world commitment i.e work etc. But if its ok with Tom to post in this forum section our next leg and time.
Please be aware the time we state will be our wheels up time and if intending to join us on the server please use the teamspeak room so we can communicate and please be there ingame and on teamspeak 10 mins before the departure time.
Many years ago Myself and Don circumnavigated Canada and USA in grumman goose aircraft. We did it as a multiplayer event on server posting in the forums our departure time. It worked that well that we flew the route in 6 months flying 3 times a week and we had a regular 10 pilots every trip and another 50 who did a leg now and then .

So if you would like to join us that would be awesome if not we hope you enjoy the flights we have created and an adventure in the making weather the whole trip or just a few sectors . You can do just the sectors you wish it not compulsary to fly every bid if you dont wish too .

On behalf of Don and myself we also want to again thank EMT especially Mark, Tom and Norm for nothing but support form the moment we approached them about it thankyou thats why Airsource is our home in virtual aviation.

Lets kick those tyres and light those fires

Craig

chobson

AirSource Pilot Number: 495

Postby chobson » 05 Oct 2014 17:48

Next Sector

Sector: 2 LFMN Nice France to LMML Malta

Time : 1800 zulu or 1900 British Summer time

Date : Monday 6th October 2014

When pireping any of the sectors in MYAAS please put the following in the comments box:

COMMUNITYAS455CTHEGLOBE2014

The Bid will be posted around 30 mins before take off look forward to seeing you there!!

Craig

chobson

Postby Neil B » 07 Oct 2014 22:02

Hi Craig,
Don't think I'll be able to make timings due to real world stuff but I'm going to try and do all the legs if/when possible. I've always fancied doing a round the world trip, and this has given me the incentive.

Just completed the 1st leg !

Neil B
Private Pilot

Postby milo221 » 08 Oct 2014 00:11

Yeah, I'm hoping to get the first leg done sometime between now and the weekend.

Thanks again,

-Dave

milo221
Private Pilot

Postby chobson » 08 Oct 2014 12:57

Hi Neil and Dave

Great news!! Thank you and I hope you enjoy we didn't fly Monday we forgot it was server moving day doh. But a question to you guys would you prefer us to post every leg all in one hit or do it as and
when we fly a leg the leg gets posted let me know what you think
Craig

chobson

Postby Neil B » 08 Oct 2014 15:57

Personally, I think It'd be great to get them all in one hit, then I can do a bit of forward planning around my own commitments, but happy to go along with whatever you guys think.
I'm acutely aware that I'm the not the one putting all the work into this !

Neil B
Private Pilot

Postby milo221 » 08 Oct 2014 20:31

I wouldn't mind them all added at the same time either... but I'm happy to go along with you adding them One at a time so that you guys can be the first ones to do it... if that's important to you... :)

Just my $0.02 worth.

Thanks again for a great idea/set of flights!

-Dave

milo221
Private Pilot

Postby chobson » 09 Oct 2014 17:38

Hi everyone,

Sector 2 of our adventure has now been uploaded to the bid section for you all to enjoy.

A decision has been made to upload the next 10 sectors of our trip with in the next few days.

We both myself and Don hope you enjoy the flights as much as we do

regards
Craig

chobson

Postby chobson » 10 Oct 2014 19:18

Hi everyone

Ive just spent 20 mins putting the first 10 sectors of our flight in the bid section wich takes you to Australia. When Don and i reach that leg then the next 10 will be posted

Enjoy!!

regards
Craig

chobson

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 11 Oct 2014 09:18

Great work Craig. I hope to be able to fly a few legs. Might even have to shout myself the Carenado PC12.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby chobson » 11 Oct 2014 10:00

Thank you Mark,

i fly the carenado pc12 really is miles above any other pc 12 out there i do have the flight 1 pc12 and i still that is also a good aircraft but carenado is my choice well if you join us then awesome mate enjoy.

Sat with Don the other night on teamspeak and looking at an already growing following and seeing people hours and acheivements in airsource and to have some of the longest serving and most highly decorated airsource pilots truly blew me away beyond expectation thank you all for joining in. Also Mark if this is as big as it looks any chance of a regular bid slot for more of our planned adventures.

regards
Craig

chobson

Next

Return to Special Events - Crew Pass