World Cup Reflections

VP Special Events: Mark Richards. General Discussion about the AirSource Special Events Division.

World Cup Reflections

Postby AS455 - Don » 16 Jul 2014 15:22

As I sit left seat at cruise, on a A320 Flight - SBFZ Pinto Martins Intl to SBGL Rio De Janeiro/Intl-Galeao, I reflect on the past 2-3 weeks and I realize that there are MORE of these masterfully Scheduled Flights provided by the Contract Development Officers. I mean these guys are the best! I am not talking about the variety of aircraft, I not saying the complexity of the flights the coverage of all the Teams and their Fans, the consistency, shear number of selections, the availability, documentation, and MANPOWER (the number of hours volunteered to AirSource).
I am so glad that these guys provided us with this Great Event - BUT wait - there's MORE!
We get to take everyone home!
Thanks Guys
TD - Got to go!

AS455 - Don
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 455

Re: World Cup Reflections

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 16 Jul 2014 21:48

Thanks for your kind words Don, both here and on the AirSource Facebook page. Glad you're enjoying the event.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 16 Jul 2014 23:50

Right on Don! AirSource is nothing without the fantastic and deciated team we have putting together the flights and events here, and of course that goes for our members too - as we couldn't exist without them!!! GREAT JOB everyone.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby SCKing » 03 Aug 2014 16:06

My thanks to Mark and all other who made this event so grand. It was a great and immersive experience and appears to have been a stellar turn out by the pilots to fly a fantastic number of varied routes to include a broad spectrum of aircraft. It's my first event to participate in and as I flew my selected bid flights I kept thinking what a great job done by Mark and others to make this all possible. As this event winds down, I continue to see plenty of flight activity as the scramble continues to get teams and fans home. Thanks for your efforts and event!

Randy King
ASA300
SCKing

Postby AS455 - Don » 15 Aug 2014 14:44

"Well done to everyone who participated and special thanks to Norm Edwards and Alan Black who assisted me to run the event."
AMEN Brother!!

AS455 - Don
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 455

Return to Special Events - Crew Pass