Three CDOs Retire

VP Special Events: Mark Richards. General Discussion about the AirSource Special Events Division.

Three CDOs Retire

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 02 Jan 2011 01:54

Recently I surveyed the Contract Development Officer group to ensure that as we approached a new year that they were still keen to remain in the role.

As a result, three CDOs have now left our ranks and I would like to thank them, on behalf of the crew here at AirSource for their efforts.

The three CDOs stepping down are Erik Rasmussen, Andrew Spallek and Jeff Summers.

I really appreciate all that you have done for AirSource and most particularly the Bid Division over your time in the CDO role.

Special mention MUST be made here for Jeff who has been a stalwart of the events in the Division for as long as I can remember. Jeff has created many an event and it was actually his and Norm's ATWIED Concorde event back in about 2005 that really cemented my interest in AirSource. Thanks Jeff, you commitment to events will be missed.

Each of the crew has a nice little retirement bonus in their AirSource Virtual bank account for their efforts.

At this stage, we will not be calling for replacement CDOs while the existing group take stock of where we are to establish the need for replacements.

Thanks again for your efforts Erik, Andrew and Jeff!

Mark

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Re: Three CDOs Retire

Postby paul01942 » 02 Jan 2011 06:47

Thanks for the post Mark, i would like to say a big well done to the guys retiring, there input has been fantastic and there bids have been a pleasure to fly thanks guys.

Mark do you have any idea's where you want to take the bid division? are we staying on the same theme as we currently are? or are you looking or thinking of something else?

Not sure if the other CDO's agree, but its quite disappointing for me especially when you spend alot of time researching the bid your entering, then put it together for it to sit there and never be flown, i know Lee Marrow puts alot of superb flights in which take time.

Wonder if there is a way to create maybe a poll to see what the community wants to fly what sort of routes? be it long haul or short haul, diplomatic flights etc be interesting to see what people want?

Again these are my new year ramblings hahahaha just a thought Mark

paul01942
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 220

Postby paul01942 » 21 Jan 2011 08:18

Just wondering if there was any feedback on this post Mark/Tom/Norm??

paul01942
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 220

Postby kingsak » 21 Jan 2011 16:16

I love the work you all have done with the Bid Div.
A BIG THANK YOU!
kingsak

Return to Special Events - Crew Pass