Royal Air Force flights

VP Special Events: Mark Richards. General Discussion about the AirSource Special Events Division.

Royal Air Force flights

Postby paul01942 » 12 Apr 2010 08:36

Hi Fellow simmers

I have taken on the Royal Air Force as a contract as i think there are some really interesting routes to be flown, i will also under the RAF prefix be adding UK royal family flights along with UK government flights etc please check the bid section as i have a few to submit already i will put them under charter flights as there is not really any other catagory for flights such as these.

Hope you enjoy.

Paul

paul01942
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 220

Re: Royal Air Force flights

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 12 Apr 2010 16:45

Hi Paul.

The TriStars are regular visitors to Muscat (OOMS), the RAF have a unit setup here to support the flights in and out. They carry out flights to Kabul doing rotations for the troops there. I don't have a flight schedule for them but most departures seem to be mid-morning and arrivals later afternoon Muscat time (+4 GMT).

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby paul01942 » 13 Apr 2010 05:50

Hi Norm,

Yeah they fly out of Brize on rotations into Muscat then onto Kabul seems the RAF don't really have a set schedule for there departures more a certain time that they desire the flights to leave, like i said there are some interesting routes that i will be adding to the division hopefully people will enjoy.

I want to add some Royal flights into the bid division utilising the Queens flight aircraft i.e. BAe 146, BAe125 etc problem i'm having is the RAF does not appear in the bid division airline list when i put in the 3 letter prefix that Air-source has for the RAF (RFA) I thing it brings up a cargo company?
any chance of having the RAF added so i can add some flights?

Paul

paul01942
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 220

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 13 Apr 2010 14:38

Paul, the ICAO for the RAF was incorrect so I've amended it to reflect the correct one, which is RFR. I've tested it in the BFD and it works ok, so use that code. Have fun! :)

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Return to Special Events - Crew Pass