World Cup 2010 Flights

VP Special Events: Mark Richards. General Discussion about the AirSource Special Events Division.

World Cup 2010 Flights

Postby paul01942 » 21 Mar 2010 11:11

Hi Fellow Pilots,

Well the world cup is looming upon us, all the worlds best teams will fly to South Africa to compete in the contest, travelling from all four corners of the globe.
I have been researching who is flying on what airline into what destination in South Africa, due to the threats against the teams the actual landing destination is quite closely guarded, i'm almost through doing the research on all the teams itinaries and will soon be putting them into the bid division, if anybody has information about chosen airlines or destinations please e-mail (paul01942@tiscali.co.uk) for the teams that i do not know there landing destination i will look at where they are staying for there preperations then look at the nearest international airport and work it that way.

Once the bids are done and i have inputted them i really need pilots to take all these world class players and staff to South Africa to the contest, there will be a lot of long haul flights, but i'm sure there will be seats to watch the game for the pilots who complete. (TV seats only)

Any feedback please do not hesitate to contact me

Paul

paul01942
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 220

Re: World Cup 2010 Flights

Postby paul01942 » 11 Jun 2010 06:07

I have added a handful of world cup flights into the data base, i half expected that not alot of people would bid them, so rather than spend vast amounts of time inputting all the flights to the finals for nobody to bid on, instead as teams are un fortunatley knocked out of the finals in South Africa i will post there return flights back to there countries of origin instead, who knows it may be your country that brings the prestigous trophy home with you who knows ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Paul

paul01942

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 11 Jun 2010 14:31

Great minds think alike?? :lol: I was just thinking about return flights for the teams as they get knocked and how cool it would be to post the flights... and hey presto... already thought of! Well done Paul!

I'm going to run a poll in the general forum to see what people think about who will win :)

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby paul01942 » 23 Jun 2010 07:47

Hello Fellow simmers,

I have started to input the world cup losers flights sadly those teams that did not make the grade are on there way home, we need pilots to fly them back, we are aware that South Africa is a long way away, but we at Air-Source are equipped for this kind of event, so dust off your long haul jets and bring these teams home, if you wish to change the aircraft to suit your hanger then please feel free, what i will ask is if its a multi leg flight, please do make the fuel stop as this is essential in getting them home safely regardless how poor they played :lol: so far Cameroon, Nigeria, North Korea, France, Greece & South Africa have been eliminated.

"Norm any chance you could post as a news headline just reminding pilots that the world cup bids are filtering in as teams go out?"

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!

paul01942

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 24 Jun 2010 02:26

Paul, done! Thanks for your work on this! :)

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Return to Special Events - Crew Pass