Cargo Flights2

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

Cargo Flights2

Postby placei » 16 Apr 2020 13:45

Tom ,Lee and Alan do you mind if I update more cargo flights into the system. Western Global Airlines which I believe has only 3 entries all in Africa. Skylease Cargo which I believe has not been allocated. There are a few more but if I can start with these 2---placei AS171 :)
placei
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Cargo Flights2

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 16 Apr 2020 16:07

Cargo has been a long debate over the years. The key to whether they should be entered or not is whether they are "scheduled" By definition, to be a scheduled flight, there should be a pattern of that flight number between those two destinations at a regular interval. When that pattern stops, they are no longer scheduled flights and should not be in the Scheduled DB.

The bigger freight carriers like UPS, Fedex etc tend to have more of a defined schedule which is why they have more presence in the Scheduled Div. Last I checked, the airlines you mentioned tend to do more Adhoc flying, either as a charter, or to step in for a surge for UPS etc. so they haven't really met the scheduled criteria. That is why those airlines are mostly represented (very well, thanks Lee!) in the Crew Passes.

If things have changed and they are now more scheduled, shoot me a couple of flight examples and I'll check them out and see if we need to re-evaluate, but if they haven't, then I'd rather they stay where they are as Crew Passes.

Alan

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 16 Apr 2020 17:08

Sky lease and Western Global are mainly charter airlines , i add most of their flights to the Crew Pass .

Not sure what is happening Sky lease as they parked most of their aircraft after Christmas . Western currently operate for Fedex , UPS , Amazon and the military but they change throughout the year

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby placei » 16 Apr 2020 19:08

Sorry Thanks for your reply Alan I forgot about the crew passes. Western Global do a regular service MIA-MVD-MIA Flt numbers
KD2603/02 KD2611/12.--placei :roll:
placei
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Leemazz » 17 Apr 2020 07:12

I can add it to the crew pass Ian , they are operating a 747 from MIA at the minute , the MD11 will be back in MIA in the next few days

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

Return to Scheduled Flights Division