Fleet replacement vrs. Schedule

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

Fleet replacement vrs. Schedule

Postby Kelly Long » 10 Jul 2019 23:44

There is a small airline that we have posted that is in the process of changing over their entire fleet.
Would it be possible to merge the new fleet and routes with the old (soon to be old) routes that we already have without deleting the current listing?
I could even help with all of the routes as I have inside contacts with the airline!
I am not naming this airline at this time for fear it will be removed and I don't want that! If it get's removed then I will remove myself. :( :( :(

Kelly Long
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 400

Re: Fleet replacement vrs. Schedule

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 11 Jul 2019 04:39

Hi Kelly.

I'm not sure I grasp what you are wanting to have done here.

For scheduled division, our goal is to be as accurate to the current schedule as possible. In other words, in the case of a fleet replacement, as routes get converted from one aircraft to another, our schedule would do the same at the next update. If a type is being retired completely from an airline, then we can look at possibly creating those flights as a classic schedule.

It's hard to say specifically what our options are without knowing the details behind this. So you know though, the only time we would remove a scheduled airline completely is if that airline ceases to operate scheduled flights. And again, in that case, if there is a demand, it can be converted to a Classic schedule.

Alan

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Kelly Long » 11 Jul 2019 17:37

I refer to Silver Airways
Partnered with Avianca, Jet Blue Airlines and United Airlines.
Here is official site - Very rare as most don't post
https://www.silverairways.com/

My request is to keep the current posted Sch. with Saab 340B's but add the new routes that use
the ATR 42-600.as they become available.I would like to see SIL retain the SF3 routes.
The action to use ATR's is in the works as some have been delivered!

Please keep the old with the Saab's as this transition occurs! This is my home airline!
I will maintain the schedule if you allow me and show me how! I wish all to be SIL coded.
Please

Kelly Long
Student Pilot

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 12 Jul 2019 04:23

I'm not sure if they are adding new routes with the ATRs, or phasing out the Saabs, but if they are adding routes, then it's no big deal.... the new routes will be ATR and the existing will be Saab. If they are replacing the equipment, then our schedule will reflect (as time allows) the aircraft actually flown. So if a Saab gets replaced by ATRs, then the route would be ATR. If there is a Saab/ATR mix, then that is what we would have in the schedules.

All that said, in case you haven't seen it in the manuals yet, we do allow reasonable substitutions. So if we have a route listed as a Saab route and you want to sub in an ATR (or vice versa), feel free to do that. We know that airlines sub out aircraft all the time, so it is part of our lives here as well. The key is reasonable. If you try to fly a Silver route in to EYW in an A380, something might be said about it ;-) but switching between two props they have in their fleet is not a problem.

Hope this helps.

Alan

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Kelly Long » 22 Jul 2019 21:56

Thank you

Kelly Long
Student Pilot

Return to Scheduled Flights Division