US Regional Carriers - DB Change

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

US Regional Carriers - DB Change

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 18 Jun 2019 23:10

In an effort to try and make the update process easier, and help avoid confusion, since in some cases the same carrier is flying for multiple mainline carriers, we are going to be moving towards having them all consolidated under "Delta Connection", "American Eagle" or "United Express" vs the carrier actually operating the flight. This will help make sure (for example) that UA Skywest flights don't accidently get deleted during a cleanup after a Delta update or vice versa.

The first of these flights will hit the DB later this week during a Delta update that Michael Johnson is currently preparing, and we'll be phasing more in as updates happen.

Let me know if there are any questions, or if anyone can think of a reason not to do this that I may have missed.

Alan

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: US Regional Carriers - DB Change

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 19 Jun 2019 01:38

Alan Black AS122 wrote:In an effort to try and make the update process easier, and help avoid confusion, since in some cases the same carrier is flying for multiple mainline carriers, we are going to be moving towards having them all consolidated under "Delta Connection", "American Eagle" or "United Express" vs the carrier actually operating the flight. This will help make sure (for example) that UA Skywest flights don't accidently get deleted during a cleanup after a Delta update or vice versa.

The first of these flights will hit the DB later this week during a Delta update that Michael Johnson is currently preparing, and we'll be phasing more in as updates happen.

Let me know if there are any questions, or if anyone can think of a reason not to do this that I may have missed.

Alan

Hey Alan,

This used to be an issue back when we had the Kiosk, but now this should not present a problem and is going back to the logical way we used to have it - great work!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Return to Scheduled Flights Division