Inquiry: DHL Freight

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

Inquiry: DHL Freight

Postby Kelly Long » 01 Jun 2019 19:55

Newbie so don't yell at me :!:
On a flight search for DHL I see two airlines with very few flight's. They are as large as FedEx.
Are they listed under a different name or code? Or likely, newbie me ignorance?
Maybe they don't post scheduled flight's (I hear many don't since 9/11)?
Anyhoot - Just newbie curiosity! 8)

Kelly Long
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 400

Re: Inquiry: DHL Freight

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 02 Jun 2019 01:22

Hello Kelly,

I'm not sure about the status of that airlines schedule, however did you know you do qualify to become a flight officer? If you have access to the real world flight data for DHL, you can enter the flights and fly them! Read more about how to become one here -> viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7679

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS129 - Michael » 29 Jun 2019 18:08

With the after effects of 9/11, freight carriers are very leery of posting their timetables. I am starting to find a few regular carriers doing the same.

Now that I am working from home full time and have plenty of time on my hands, something I might work on the near future is monitoring cargo flights (FedEx, UPS, DHL) on FlightRadar24 or Flightaware and seeing if I can create some schedules to upload. I have a paid membership on FR24, I can get archived flights in Excel and convert them for uploading onto AirSource. I'll keep you all posted on that endeavor.

AS129 - Michael
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 129

Postby Kelly Long » 29 Jun 2019 21:23

AS129 - Michael wrote:Now that I am working from home full time and have plenty of time on my hands, something I might work on the near future is monitoring cargo flights (FedEx, UPS, DHL) I'll keep you all posted on that endeavor.

Thanks. That would be awesome! :D

Kelly Long
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 400

Postby AS129 - Michael » 01 Jul 2019 20:59

Kelly Long wrote:
AS129 - Michael wrote:Now that I am working from home full time and have plenty of time on my hands, something I might work on the near future is monitoring cargo flights (FedEx, UPS, DHL) I'll keep you all posted on that endeavor.

Thanks. That would be awesome! :D

You are most welcome Kelly! For starters, I updated ABX Air (Airborne Express) with a current schedule. Going to continue working on more cargo as time permits but expect some regular updates.

Michael

AS129 - Michael
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 129

Return to Scheduled Flights Division