Fedex

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

Fedex

Postby Leemazz » 09 Jul 2017 09:57

Ok so here we go again , as usual i come to schedule division to fly a flight i added to Fedex the flight is as follows

FDX5384 - CDG - DEL

Flown on day 6 or 7 if delayed now can somebody explain why yet again a perfectly viable scheduled flight has been deleted .

So so so many flights missing from the schedule database .

Add it if you like i dont care anymore im pointing out the fact that the scheduled database is missing numerous flights . I can spend all day telling you which flights are missing but im bored of it how people seem to ignore what has happened to it . Crew pass is the future

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Fedex

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 10 Jul 2017 10:49

Lee.

At the outset, we don't aim to ignore anyone. We are somewhat disappointed that you seem to think we do. That aside, you may not appreciate that AirSource has a huge database of schedule division flights amounting to thousands and thousands of individual flights across a broad range of airlines large, medium and small. We do appreciate the work that our pilots put into assisting keeping the schedules uptodate.

What we do aim to do is provide as best a service across a broad range of what pilots like but to try and please every one is a task within itself. With a small support team to monitor those thousands of thousands of flights, is a tall order, but we do try.

Just as a side note, we understand that you predominantly fly MD11 equipment, If you were to see a FedEx scheduled flight, for example, that has a B77F allocated, take note of paragraph 2.0.3.0 of the Employee Manual that in part allows substitution of aircraft type (this is only permitted in the Scheduled Division) so if for example an aircraft type is B77F and a pilot wishes to use the MD11F equipment, they can do so. Just mention the equipment change in the PIREP remarks.

Schedule changes amongst airlines, particularly medium to large is extremely fluid. I receive emails every day that summarizes airline route changes/equipment changes/date changes even flight number changes and it is amazing how much does change in the real world even hour by hour. We cannot duplicate that here at AirSource given the large database of airlines we have. We don't intend to duplicate that on a day by day basis. Alan our VP SFD has done an amazing job uploading new airlines that we didn't have in our database and that takes a lot of time and effort. Please appreciate that we have a broad range of "likes" across our rostered pilots!

Finally, we provide schedules and monitor them with the small team that we have. There are some airlines in our database that are nearly 3 years old. We look at trying to update the oldest schedules progressively and not place absolute priority on those schedules that might have changed in the last week, month or for the larger airlines the last year. To keep reviewing the most recent schedules changes we simply don't have the resources at this time to do that.

Thank you for your post. The points above adequately addresses the Executive Management Team's point of view and will leave it at that.

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Return to Scheduled Flights Division