Searching by aircraft category

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

Searching by aircraft category

Postby haeriphos » 06 May 2017 20:19

Hello,

I'm a new pilot and would like to fly some routes in my Eclipse 550. I see that there must have been routes for this plane at some point but I cannot find any current ones. I did find some Phenom 100 trips for Quest Diagnostics and am flying one of those since it's in the same category (DEJS) as the Eclipse. I was also able to see that there are a whole host of other planes on Air Source that are also in the DEJS category. Rather than search each one of those planes individually for routes to fly, is there a way that I can pull up all the DEJS routes? Thanks!

Garrick

haeriphos
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 276

Re: Searching by aircraft category

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 06 May 2017 23:27

Hello Garrick,

Unfortunately not at this time.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 09 Jul 2017 01:25

This doesn't mean though that this request will be overlooked :wink:

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby snaylor111 » 19 Aug 2018 08:48

I second this as well, it would be a brilliant idea as i do my flights by what aircraft i would like to fly :D

haeriphos wrote:Hello,

I'm a new pilot and would like to fly some routes in my Eclipse 550. I see that there must have been routes for this plane at some point but I cannot find any current ones. I did find some Phenom 100 trips for Quest Diagnostics and am flying one of those since it's in the same category (DEJS) as the Eclipse. I was also able to see that there are a whole host of other planes on Air Source that are also in the DEJS category. Rather than search each one of those planes individually for routes to fly, is there a way that I can pull up all the DEJS routes? Thanks!

Garrick
snaylor111

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 19 Aug 2018 19:05

I have played around with this idea and there's simply too many choices in one category for example DEJL has over 120,000 flights! The query is killing the server... without getting "too" technical, the category isn't the same table as the flight, so it's a cross query with grouping. If I can find a more efficient way this could surely be something we will enable for us all. :?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Return to Scheduled Flights Division