Western Global Airlines

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

Western Global Airlines

Postby Leemazz » 01 Apr 2017 10:51

Hello all

Western Global Airlines have dissapeared from the database , tried to search for a flight and the airline is just not there , Nothing

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Western Global Airlines

Postby Leemazz » 01 Apr 2017 10:58

The airline has been removed from the database it has just not dissapeared , somebody has removed all the flights for Western Global Airlines

I thought i was manager for Western Global Airlines but it appears im not , i dont understand how somebody can just remove all my flights with not a simple heads up or message to tell me "thanks for your hard work but we are deleting all your flights"

I come home and thought i will fly a nice Western route today , lol how wrong was i :lol:

Leemazz

Postby Leemazz » 02 Apr 2017 17:38

Any news ?

Leemazz

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 03 Apr 2017 01:01

Not sure why this is a surprise to you or what news you are looking for.

There have been a few threads about this airline specifically and where it stands in scheduled vs charter, and also on the standards for charter flight crew passes. I gave it a couple of weeks for everyone to see, and then removed the flights from the scheduled database as had been previously decided.

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 03 Apr 2017 17:29

News to me Alan last message we recieved was from Tom saying it was under discussion with EMT .
Last edited by Leemazz on 05 Apr 2017 08:52, edited 1 time in total.

Leemazz

Postby Leemazz » 03 Apr 2017 17:55

Alan i think your response is a bit disrespectful im sure i deserve an answer to why my schedules are getting deleted , you clearly are and have been deleting my schedule updates .

If you go back through the forum Tom clearly updates and says it is under review .

Here is the last updated thread in the forum

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7487

Please do not ruin it for everybody else , if Western Global are a charter airline then so is ABX Air or all U.K airlines as every flight operate with unique flight numbers .

Infact you will not be left with many airlines you would be roughly left with Star Alliance and Skyteam
Last edited by Leemazz on 05 Apr 2017 09:11, edited 2 times in total.

Leemazz

Postby Leemazz » 03 Apr 2017 18:59

Alan you have removed perfectly valid flights from the database i dont understand but yet ATI and ABX still have flights available .

Western Global operate perfectly valid scheduled flights

Why are Western Global Airlines flights out of EBLG or other Countries are not Valid .
Last edited by Leemazz on 05 Apr 2017 08:58, edited 1 time in total.

Leemazz

Postby Leemazz » 03 Apr 2017 20:16

Cant wait to see the Schedule division CHARTER free , should make it real interesting , i see ABX are still in the schedule division :wink:

Passionate about a hobby , could have at least said they will get deleted , no warning , nothing , cheers
Last edited by Leemazz on 05 Apr 2017 09:08, edited 1 time in total.

Leemazz

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 03 Apr 2017 21:34

I'm not looking to turn this in to a long drawn out thing, but I have no problem explaining the thought process. What was being reviewed was the 30-day expiration on the Crew Passes, not the definition of charter vs scheduled itself. That stayed as shown below. No choices are being removed in that all flights can still be flown, it's just a change in how they are classified (crew pass vs scheduled).

WHAT IS A SCHEDULED FLIGHT?
Any flight in which occurs (or did occur) in the real world for a real world airline, including:

:arrow: Passenger or Cargo flight as part of the airlines current regular schedule.
:arrow: Any flight derived from the Scheduled FlightKiosk.
:arrow: "Classic" Flights -
CLASSIC FLIGHTS ARE DEFINED AS: A flight that has occurred in the real world for either (a) An airline that no longer operates and/or (b) An aircraft that has been officially "retired" from service by all airlines. A classic flight does not necessarily need to be ???old???, but must meet at least the requirements within (a) or (b) above..

I do alot of research on the airlines we have listed in the DB, and in the case of Western Global, from their website itself, they state they are an "ACMI (wet leasing) & Charter Operator". Beyond that, I've gone through the last month or so of history for their entire fleet and found few signs of repetition. If any routes were flown more than once, it was done at different days or times (ie. no signs of a predictable schedule). From these facts, I feel very comfortable that this is a charter airline and should be entered as crew passes. If they do start flying reliably and predictably for the same customer, then those flights could probably be considered scheduled and in the DB for the length of the contract (either as WGN or under the customer's ICAO), getting deleted when they cease being flown.

As far as the other airlines you mention (ABX, ATI etal), they have predictable schedules that can easily be documented. For example, ABX3112 has flown from PHX to ABE every day for well over a month. If it stops doing that, the flight will be removed as it is no longer current. In a similar manner, TCX1854 has operated from MAN to ALC every Thursday & Sunday for a significant amount of time. Flightradar won't show that as the flights do operate under different numbers for dispatch purposes, but the flight number visible to passengers (and used by us) has stayed the same. Again, If this stops, they would be removed from the DB.

The short version is that to be a scheduled flight, it needs to be a repetitive, predictable flight that is currently operating. Does the Database reflect that 100%, absolutely not, but that is the target, and the schedule for an airline in our DB will have met that criteria as of the time of the last update. When the next update occurs, flights in operation at that time will remain/be added, and ones that are no longer in operation will be removed.

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 04 Apr 2017 06:27

Alan ok then so why have you only deleted Western global flights not only once but twice , what about Atlas Cargo , Kalitta air .

ABX operate for other airlines they do not operate their own routes , it's rubbish . I checked Alan i can see which flights are deleted and by who . The list can go on on the ATI website it says they are a charter airline , again they have just been updated .
Last edited by Leemazz on 05 Apr 2017 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

Leemazz

Postby Leemazz » 04 Apr 2017 18:15

Iphone

Leemazz

Postby JSkorna » 05 Apr 2017 00:21

Possible to take this pissing contest to PMs instead of in public view?

JSkorna

Postby Leemazz » 05 Apr 2017 06:05

Not sure I understand Jim
Last edited by Leemazz on 05 Apr 2017 08:32, edited 1 time in total.

Leemazz

Postby Leemazz » 05 Apr 2017 07:13

It can be deleted this topic , I have lost interest and your right I'm wrong please delete the thread

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/4w2604

depart NBO roughly 07:30am regular also operate LGG-LUN-JNB-EBB-CAI-STN-LGG weekly

Also Atlas Cargo are also AMCI and operate for other companies so even though they might have a "regular schedule" it is not THEIR schedule it is another companies .

http://www.atlasair.com/aa/

Explain please ???????

Leemazz

Return to Scheduled Flights Division