Problems

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

Problems

Postby TerryW » 10 Mar 2017 18:35

Tried to choose a couple of scheduled flights just now...was successful (I guess) on the first one (Latam SCEL to SCTE)....then tried to select a flight SCTE to SCCI. Eventually three identical ones showed on my plan book, nut none of them will delete...now I seem stuck where nothing works....I did reboot the computer.

I just want to delete them and start over....thanks
Terry Wright
AS86
TerryW

Re: Problems

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 11 Mar 2017 00:38

Terry,

I just checked the database and do not see any flights saved for you. Try to refresh the page, not sure if there might be a caching problem.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby TerryW » 11 Mar 2017 13:07

Thanks, Tom....but continue to have problems. They are certainly on my end, but I have not been able to resolve them. I'm not technically inclined....while booking the flights yesterday morning, Valve/Steam decided to update some portion of their dratted bloatware (I use FSX-SE)....so I shut the updater down. Been having the difficulty here ever since. Doesn't affect any other site. I have cleared all cookies and browsing history...deleted this site, and re-saved it...rebooting the pc after each attempt.

Just now, booked SCEL to SAEZ. It went into the Plan Book okay, so then booked SABE to SAZS....SCEL to SAEZ had disappeared...not sure what's in the Plan Book now.

Am open to trying any suggestions,
Terry
TerryW

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 11 Mar 2017 15:12

I see two flights in your plan book (crew passes)

SABE - SAZS (UPC code on side of ticket is S363196)

SCEL - SAEZ (UPC code on side of ticket is S363195)

http://air-source.us/Operations/logbook ... sp?pnum=86

Do you see the same?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby TerryW » 12 Mar 2017 07:38

Tom.....had responded to your last, but somehow it doesn't seem to have posted. Am trying with a different browser to see if this will post....
Terry
TerryW

Postby TerryW » 12 Mar 2017 11:21

No, problem not fixed...can seem to book flights if I refresh the page after each selection. MyAAS is actually deleting the flight from the Plan Book after it's been pirepped...once I'm on my Plan Book page I have to push the refresh thingy and then the flights cease to show. Hopefully this replay will make it to the Forum.

All the best,
Terry
TerryW

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 12 Mar 2017 12:47

Hmm, what browser are you normally using Terry? I use IE most times but you can try to go to settings - internet options - browsing history - settings - temporary internet files tab - change "check for new versions" to every time I visit web page, disk space to use 8MB.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 12 Mar 2017 17:11

Terry,

If you're using Internet Explorer, another thing I've done to help with the cache/reload is (while the Airsource site is open) press F12, then go to the NETWORK tab, and press on the 4th button in the toolbar (if you hover it says "always refresh from server"). If activated the button should be surrounded by a border. Oh and press button next to it too, "clear cache" which can't hurt.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby TerryW » 15 Mar 2017 09:31

Tom,....thanks for assistance. I'm using Edge. I had tried a number of things, including installing other browsers, nothing seemed to work. The other browsers, on installation, grab all the Edge internet settings, which kind of defeated the purpose. Unlike IE, apparently Edge cannot be uninstalled.

I had followed your advice, and the flight bookings, pireps and the like seem to be working as before. If this posts without issue, then I'll assume that some button I clicked resolved the problem. Thanks again,
Terry
TerryW

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 15 Mar 2017 11:00

TerryW wrote:Tom,....thanks for assistance. I'm using Edge. I had tried a number of things, including installing other browsers, nothing seemed to work. The other browsers, on installation, grab all the Edge internet settings, which kind of defeated the purpose. Unlike IE, apparently Edge cannot be uninstalled.

I had followed your advice, and the flight bookings, pireps and the like seem to be working as before. If this posts without issue, then I'll assume that some button I clicked resolved the problem. Thanks again,
Terry

Terry have a look at this forum thread: I beleve the issue was the server.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7493

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby TerryW » 15 Mar 2017 13:02

Well I'll be darned!....thanks, Tom. All the best,
Terry
TerryW

Return to Scheduled Flights Division