Western Global Airlines

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

Western Global Airlines

Postby Leemazz » 26 Feb 2017 16:35

Same again

Deleted flights from database , all flights Western operate for Etihad and Emirates Cargo missing , starting to get a bit old now .

They have recently operated into Kabul and other destinations and will resume flights in the next couple of days.

I dont get why they keep getting deleted , because one week they dont operate so it gets deleted , its crazy all airlines cancel flights does that mean they get deleted as well

I also see a lot of flights getting deleted from the database but no new routes added , Lots of fedex flights have just been deleted .

I will add them again in the crew pass section

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Western Global Airlines

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 26 Feb 2017 17:01

Lee I am not sure why these flights are being removed. Alan can you look into this?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby Leemazz » 26 Feb 2017 18:50

Its ok i have added them to the crew pass area , i have more to add but will save them for a later date

Leemazz

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 27 Feb 2017 03:24

I don't have an explanation for the WGN flights. I haven't touched anything related to them in almost 3 months, and even then, nothing related to OAKB. Looking at ETC and UAE, it looks like they haven't been updated in a while either. Not sure what to say on this one. Trust me, there are too many schedules for anyone to be watching them and deleting them if a flight hasn't been flown in a week.

As a side note, the report on the admin site isn't reporting correctly. I've been working on the FDX schedules over the last couple of months, and I just went and looked and all I'm seeing are the deletions... nothing added, which I know is incorrect.

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 27 Feb 2017 03:29

On a side note, can you let us know what your sources are? I am all about keeping the schedules as up to date as possible, so if there's something I'm missing, I'd love to know as I'm sure it would help out with other airlines as well. I'm already using Flightradar24 both by flight number and by tail number, but if there's a better way to use that, I'd love to hear it as well.

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 27 Feb 2017 11:58

Thanks guys. I wonder I need to disable the remove flights link for now?

As far as the report, I'll need to look into this...

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 27 Feb 2017 18:57

I keep a record of every flight i add and notice some missing , its not a big deal as some are out of date and some are not so the ones that are i just add to the crew pass .

The deleted flights has been going on for years , fedex mainly flights seem to vanish , i only really fly a couple of airlines , Fedex , UPS and Western Global with the odd Lufthansa flight . I just happen to fancy a flight and noticed it gone , some routes are

PGUM - KLAX
PGUM - OMAA
OAKB - OMAA
OKBK - OMAA

There is more but i would have to check

I remember the old Fedex LFPG - RPLB route vanishing in 2005 it was my favourite route and it just dissapeared , not to worry

Leemazz

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 27 Feb 2017 20:11

One thing I noticed Fedex (and why that schedule will be seeing quite a few changes) is that well over half of the flights in there are "backwards" Somehow, when the 2013 update was done, destinations were entered as arrivals and vice-versa. This doesn't matter as much in alot of cases where the routes are two-way, but I'm working on Asian routes right now, and there are many "loop routes" out there, and our current schedules have them backwards. So what you'll be seeing is some routes disappearing, but if you look for the route running the other way, that will appear as a new route. I just updated the flights out of SGN, ICN & PVG over the last couple days and there are a few examples of that which came out of that update.

As a plus, I have noticed that a couple of new M1F routes have come out of it, mainly in the US though. It seems like as the 77F & 76Y are coming online, the M1F is bring drawn more in to the North American flights, although I have seen a couple in my recent updates.

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 27 Feb 2017 20:43

Some Fedex 77F routes are flown by the M1F for example CAN-DEL-DXB-CDG-MEM or CDG-DEL-CAN , the 76Y is replacing the A310s and DC-10s .

Some missing for UPS which i added to the crew pass are CGN-PVG or CGN-HKG , route flown twice this week .

This is why the crew pass is fantastic if its not in the database i just add it as a crew pass

Leemazz

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 27 Feb 2017 22:33

Can you give me the data on those UPS flights? If they are active current flights, then I do want them in the Scheduled Div as well. I also want to see if the kiosk will pick them up as I know the cargo data isn't as clear cut as the passenger airlines. I haven't been working on UPS in the last few months, but I will always jump in and drop something in to the schedules if I know we're missing it.

I've noticed that about FDX and the 77F vs the M1F, and I am paying attention to the recent history of a flight for trends. This is one area that gets tough, because if it's a regular thing (ie the M1F does every Fridays flight), then no worries.. that's what the schedule will show (like FDX5279 you referenced from CAN-DEL) but if it steps in somewhat randomly, then we can't accurately depict that. For the randoms, my gut is that if you know it was flown by an M1F, then it should be no issue to book the 77F flight and sub in the M1F just as FDX did, but I know that is against the Ops Manual as it is subbing a 3-holer for a 2-holer, so can't really suggest that. Sometimes things don't fall in to a cookie cutter I guess.

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 28 Feb 2017 00:08

Couple things here I want to clarify:

1. The report is jacked up and I need to fix that :D

2. As I'm sure we are already aware, SPECIAL Crew passes (i.e. the old bid flights) are designed for events, special one-off flights, tours, and the like. If, for example, Western Global falls into the Classic Schedule category, then they would all need to be uploaded in the Scheduled area as classic flights and basically be left alone after upload (unless there are errors, etc). Sometimes I see cargo flights in there like UPS or FDX, those should technically be in the schedule area.

3. Sometimes if a member uses the KIOSK, flights in the schedule division are removed, BUT only that one flight and it is ALWAYS replaced with the same flight (usually updated departure or arrival times or aircraft, etc.). That may explain how some flights "disappear", however they retain the same flight number, airline and departure/arrival airports.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 28 Feb 2017 01:10

The report is now FIXED. The problem was that any flights ADDED to the database were not going into this report table. But they are now.

Flights ADDED before today still will not be shown as the records simply are not in the table.

Flights REMOVED are all okay and will display in the report as they have been.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 28 Feb 2017 06:55

Just did a quick FDX update for PEK, and the report accurately reflects the changes I made.

Thanks Tom!

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 28 Feb 2017 19:21

I agree Cargo routes are a bit different as for the UPS Flights i would have to check the aircraft registrations which i cant remember maybe one was N252UP .

Western Global dont really fall into the Classic Airline catagory , they only started operations in 2014 .

Fedex routes can be strange as some legs of the routes are operated by different types ie FDX5384 flown in part by both M1F and 77F

You could class the flights as Cargo Charters for Western Global which some would appear in the crew pass , adding the scheduled flights for other airlines into the database , for example Western Global will begin operating for Turkish Airlines soon IST-TAS-HKG-FRU-IST or IST-HKG-IST , personally i would those to the scheduled database

Leemazz

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 05 Mar 2017 03:04

Lee,

We had an EMT vote in order to implement these modifications. As you may have already seen, the updated guidelines specifying schedule / special are at the link below:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7488

Of note regarding the charter flights, please adhere to the guidelines of charters (expiration date, # of crew passes, and redemption amounts). These will all be entered in the special crew pass area from here out.

We will get the current charters "cleaned up" and set expirations within 30 days for those extending out further.

Thanks to both you and Alan for your assistance to clearing this matter up.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Return to Scheduled Flights Division