Classic Airlines

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

Classic Airlines

Postby Leemazz » 12 Apr 2014 12:39

Hello all , requesting for three new classic airlines to be added to the database please and please add me as manager for the following airlines

Emery Worldwide
ICAO - EWW
IATA - EB

logo

China Cargo Airlines
ICAO - CKK
IATA - CK

logo
Last edited by Leemazz on 27 Feb 2016 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Classic Airlines

Postby Buckeye Roy » 12 Apr 2014 13:33

Lee,

I'm out of town for the next week and I don't have access to my Excel spreadsheet for the Classic airlines ICAO codes, but I will add them when I return next Thursday.

Buckeye Roy
Commercial Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 17

Postby Leemazz » 12 Apr 2014 14:05

No problem Roy I have to put the flights on to Excel yet anyway so no real rush

Leemazz

Postby Leemazz » 27 Feb 2016 15:44

Bump

Any chance these could be added , i requested these a while back and i cant find the Emery schedule i had but i do have the CHina Cargo schedule

Leemazz

Postby Leemazz » 05 Mar 2017 21:08

Bump

Leemazz

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 05 Mar 2017 23:40

These two Classic airlines have been added. *China Cargo still operates so I am assuming you're using classic aircraft.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby Leemazz » 06 Mar 2017 18:41

Well , this is the grey area Tom

China Cargo used to operate the MD-11 but no longer do they operated the MD11 between 1992 - 2013 , i have a schedule for them (somewhere) but i originally posted this back in 2014 . Anyway , so this would be ok to add the flights as classic ?

I have a schedule for Emery for the DC10 and DC8s which Emery liquidated a while back when UPS was just ramping up

Leemazz

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 08 Mar 2017 12:14

Leemazz wrote:Well , this is the grey area Tom

China Cargo used to operate the MD-11 but no longer do they operated the MD11 between 1992 - 2013 , i have a schedule for them (somewhere) but i originally posted this back in 2014 . Anyway , so this would be ok to add the flights as classic ?

Lee,

The way it currently reads would qualify these as SPECIAL crew pass flights, but instead of 30 days expiration, for NOW use 1 year for expiration (EMT are in talks of changing it from 30 days to "x") AND unlimited redemptions:

"Classic" Flights -
CLASSIC FLIGHTS ARE DEFINED AS: A flight that has occurred in the real world for either (a) An airline that no longer operates and/or (b) An aircraft that has been officially "retired" from service by all airlines. A classic flight does not necessarily need to be ???old???, but must meet at least the requirements within (a) or (b) above..

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 08 Mar 2017 20:19

Ok Tom no problem i will hang back until EMT come to a conclusion .

I dont understand though , why the change ?

Every Crew pass i added was with only 2 available but for periods of 1 year due to numbers of pilots flying .

The flights i have added to the database are always popular , from the DC-3 to the 777 cargo flights get flown

Leemazz

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 09 Mar 2017 00:30

You don't have to wait to enter the flights, enter when needed. Just saying that EMT was reviewing expiration and it may or may not be 1 year but will definitely be more than 30 days...use 1 year for now.

I wasn't sure if you are asking the reason for the limitations, or the reason for making these Special instead of Scheduled? But I assume it is probably more about the limitations since you were in favor of using special crew passes :)

Anyhow, due to the large amount of flights available, making it one CP will free up a bit of resources and drive up demand a bit (with the eventual trading or selling of CP's in mind). In fact, a while back I was throwing around the idea with Joe that ALL scheduled flights only have one crew pass available as well. But Joe was able to automate the shceduled crew passes and the load on the database is minimal, so I never even had to bring it up to the EMT panel. The special crew passes are more demanding on the server becuase they are actual images and contain data within the table.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 09 Mar 2017 16:54

What about if you re opened the bid division for the flights that just dont fit , for example the not so classic flights or flights just not in a schedule or maybe a limit of two crew passes for crew pass

Leemazz

Return to Scheduled Flights Division